1 (edited by Observer200 2021-12-19 15:17:15)

Topic: RME Driver not showing up on Ableton (Mac)?

I have installed Total Mix FX, and get sound as output, my Ableton doesn't see RME Driver, on Audio>Driver Type

Haven't found any information all over the internet for the issue. Any ideas how I could get it recognized?

Thank you in advance!

Ableton 11

Re: RME Driver not showing up on Ableton (Mac)?

In Monterey system preferences Audio the interface is selected as Input and output device ?
Wich interface is it ?
Then just select system audio in Ableton.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hello there, thank you for your answer. I use the Babyface (regular version)

I did choose both input and output as Babyface but, in Ableton it's not there. I need to use RME Driver in order to use the guitar output, Is there a way to get a sound out of a plugged in guitar into Babyface while using Coreaudio (Main driver of Mac) you think?

Cheers

Wow I made it! I thought I should have selected RME Driver on Ableton like Windows. But after you told me I don't need to select it. I found out that AN 2 Channel on Total Mix FX has Instrument option, when clicked on the little wrench. I got to hear now.

Thank you very much.

5 (edited by waedi 2021-12-19 21:40:23)

Is your Babyface in CC-mode ?
It should not.
Holding the buttons Select and Recall during power-up does switch that mode PC /CC (PC just means computer mac and PC).

As you can select Babyface input and output in the system that means the Babyface is using the Babyface driver and this driver use coreaudio in macs.
And yes you can use the guitar and listen other tracks all at the same time.
In Ableton preferences there should it be possible to select system audio or Fireface (or Babyface), not a driver, an input device and an output device to select.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue