Topic: RME fireface UCX and Cakewalk by Bandlab and ASIO driver

I am sorry for my English.

Hello, I have a RME fireface UCX and Cakewalk by Bandlab and a set ASIO driver - my audio is very choppy in the project, with Sonar (Cakewalk) it doesn't happen with the same song. If I give another WDM driver, Wasapi so it goes normally but it doesn't have the same options as ASIO.
  Isn't there a problem with ASIO at Bandwalk by Bandlab? It didn't happen before, until the last six months or so.

Thanks for the reply, and I'm a big fan of Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Regards Mirek

2 (edited by ramses 2021-12-21 19:33:15)

Re: RME fireface UCX and Cakewalk by Bandlab and ASIO driver

> I am sorry for my English.
It's not that bad, better than my spanish wink
Tip: you can try using translators like https://www.deepl.com

> Isn't there a problem with ASIO at Bandwalk by Bandlab?
> It didn't happen before, until the last six months or so.

I have doubts that many RME use use Bandlab and that it is a RME driver issue, as product and drivers are very mature.
If you say yourself, that the issues were not there some months ago .. what changed with your PC ?
I would directly ask at Bandlab. Before I would check demo versions of other mainstream DAWs like Reaper and Cubase.
If ASIO works also there then its most likely a Bandlab issue.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Has your computer operating system recently updated? Are you using ultimate power scheme if windows?

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Unfortunately Cakewalk-Bandlab works well in Windows 10 with the M-Audio card, so the problem is more likely to be Cakewalk working with RME

Does the 'M-Audio card' use USB? Does it have the same number of channels to be transmitted?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by waedi 2021-12-29 11:16:21)

BandLab is a Windows only freeware and it's Buffersize is probably set too low by default.
BandLab-Menu Edit / Preferences / Audio / Sync and Caching / File System / Playback I/O Buffer Size (kB)
It may be 16, that is very low, try with 256.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I even have 1024kB set up and I have a powerful computer.

Procesor    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor                3.59 GHz
Nainstalovaná paměť RAM    32,0 GB
Typ systému    64bitový operační systém, procesor pro platformu x64

8 (edited by orchardhouse 2022-03-15 16:35:29)

I've used SONAR/Cakewalk with an RME UFX for forever, and have no issues at all. I'm sure this is a configuration issue. Here is how I have it set up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/33pzm14s6llgd … Driver.png - I set my buffer size in the ASIO panel to 256 samples.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h14em4jmoc1s3 … ecmode.png

(I couldn't get the img tag working sad)

I use Cakewalk (since 20 years) always with RME soundcards and everything works fine. Currently I use it with UFX, not UCX. Try increasing buffer size in ASIO RME panel to at least 256 samples

Sorry for my english.

Hello, i think the problem will be in cakewalk bandlab, because i still have sonar platinum cakewalk and sonar x64 installed, and there is no problem even if i use the same project on the same computer and with the same audiocard rme fireface umx, and nothing gets there. So i don't know what it is and i don't know what to do.

I installed clean windows 10 on another ssd disk and clean installation bandlab cakewalk and with the same rme fireface ucx audio card and the problem standed. So it is obvious that bandlab cakewalk and rme fireface ucx have been problemed. Written again that "sonar producer 8.5" and "64 sonar platinum" are on the same count and with the same audio card, this is not a problem.

When I work at Cakewalk Bandlab on a second computer with M-Audie Delta, it's all right.

Thank you for answer.

maybe the problem is in the configuration. Try resetting predefined settings in the configuration file window and do the soundcard profiling again. When my UCX II, dead at first power on :'( will return from repairing I will test it with Cakewalk and let you know

777mirek wrote:

Sorry for my english.

Hello, i think the problem will be in cakewalk bandlab, because i still have sonar platinum cakewalk and sonar x64 installed, and there is no problem even if i use the same project on the same computer and with the same audiocard rme fireface umx, and nothing gets there. So i don't know what it is and i don't know what to do.

I installed clean windows 10 on another ssd disk and clean installation bandlab cakewalk and with the same rme fireface ucx audio card and the problem standed. So it is obvious that bandlab cakewalk and rme fireface ucx have been problemed. Written again that "sonar producer 8.5" and "64 sonar platinum" are on the same count and with the same audio card, this is not a problem.

When I work at Cakewalk Bandlab on a second computer with M-Audie Delta, it's all right.

Thank you for answer.

Hi 777mirek. Did you manage to solve the problem? I am experiencing the exact same problem with a Babyface and Ryzen too.