Topic: Let us set custom auto standby times with encoders

Really liking the new v47 firmware so far. Lot's of nice features. It would be nice if we could set custom auto standby times with the enoder instead of just 30 min or off though. Hopefully this can be considered in the future. Thanks!

Re: Let us set custom auto standby times with encoders

Do not know if there are limitation on the hardware or not ....

Anyone tried the "Auto Standby"?  I did. When time lapsed, (my case is with Auto Dark), the power button ring will lit up white for a very short time, and the unit goes off with the red ring lit up at the switch.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

I got a request for 8 hours, which did not make much sense to me. But we could add 60 minutes, for example. Feedback needed.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I was hoping for an option shorter than 30 minutes as well to be honest. Something like 15, 30 and 60 minute increments as options would be nice.

Can't speak for the public but I would like to see 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours for my general use cases.

MC wrote:

I got a request for 8 hours, which did not make much sense to me. But we could add 60 minutes, for example. Feedback needed.

I am fine with 30 minutes, even 20 minutes is OK.

If you mean it can have selection, then I vote for 20, 40, 60 minutes.

7 (edited by KaiS 2021-12-26 00:26:57)

MC wrote:

30 min, 1 h, 2 h, 4 h, 8 h.

Shorter than 30 min doesn’t save much more energy.
Power cycling every some minutes wouldn’t be advisable I think.

For me the 30 min are perfect.

KaiS wrote:
MC wrote:

30 min, 1 h, 2 h, 4 h, 8 h.

Shorter than 30 min doesn’t save much more power.
Power cycling every some minutes wouldn’t be advisable I think.

For me the 30 min are perfect.

I agree, 30 mins is good enough, longer than this seems became a sleep timer, not Auto Standby....

I need to download the new firmware still. With auto stand by, is the screen off? And when new input is received the unit turns on again? In stand by using USB, does the 'handshake' still occur?

Standby is standby, you need to turn it back on manually.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

30m, 1hr, 2hr, 4hr would cover it I think. I would personally use 2hr, my home theater a/v receiver is set to 2hr as well.

A 15 minute timeout option should be included as well I think. Just give users the option so they can choose what they want to use. 15, 30, 60 and 120 minutes seems perfect and gives a wide range of options for everyone. I originally started this topic to ask for a shorter than 30 minutes time out, not longer. But just giving a variety of time options seems to be the easiest for everyone. Greets.

13 (edited by Muffin 2021-12-26 18:04:17)

For my desktop use 30 minutes is a bit short and I would prefer there where a 60 minutes option.

Counter point: throughout the day when working I listen irregularly and somewhere from 5-15 minutes a time which large gaps in between (when I'm actually working :]). Then I just turn off the soundcard because it's just idling and emitting light. So personally I wouldn't mind a 1 minute timeout or alternatively on-demand standby with a button press (depending on how different the implementation is compared to turning it off wrt USB waking etc).

Nicked_Wicked wrote:

Can't speak for the public but I would like to see 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours for my general use cases.

I second this

FoodForSeniors wrote:
Nicked_Wicked wrote:

I second this

This is what is already available in the setup menu.
Are you using the newest FW?