Topic: Rme digiface avb ( no input in obs )

Hello, this is my first forum post. I was hoping to find some answers with my churches live stream set up . There are lots of resources online about tips for live stream, but I have yet to find one with our set up.

We are using the rme digiface avb for our DAW ( studio one) to mix our audio . Then we have another computer ( our live stream computer ) that is running obs .

Our current set up is using a splitter out of the digiface headphone out where on side is headphones and the other is a 3.5 mm which connects to the mic input of the streaming computer with obs .

I know this is not ideal but rme digiface is not showing up as an input in obs . I understand that with Dante , you can download the virtual sound card on the streaming computer and it links up with the Dante device and you should be able to select the Dante device as the input for obs. How does this work with avb ? There is no virtual sound card I have found. How do I get the streaming computer to recognize the input source and connect it.

We are getting sound but it is quiet and not very good. The live stream isn’t actual capturing the audio we are mixing before sending it out. With a little tweaking it’s getting better. But the audio on our live stream is not the audio that is being mixed . In the headphones , and instrument or vocalists sounds really loud or awesome in the mix, but watching live you can barely hear it.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions , please let me know.

By the way , i am not a sound technician , I am a worship pastor who has a little home studio so I understand little things like selecting and audio source and what not , but I don’t understand routing and some of the other stuff I have been reading . So if you reply , please do so at a beginner level. Thanks and have a blessed day.

Re: Rme digiface avb ( no input in obs )

Is your streaming computer a Mac ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue