Topic: Babyface Snow- noise from external hard drive w separate power supply

I am using a Baby Face Snow Edition, from roughly 2012, with a MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.7.  For years, I have also used Glyph Studio external hard drives, both bus and AC powered.  So just today, I tried to use my Glyph studios (power is connected through a Furman power conditioner) while using the babyface, as I've done for years, and there is noise.  It sounds like "dirty power" noise, scratchy and higher range.  I have isolated the problem to the babyface (tried swapping all the cables, adaptors, etc- except I do not have a spare USB power supply cable for the babyface.  I updated the babyface drivers.  When Glyph is open tomorrow I can talk to them.   I switched to my Apogee Groove for now but I prefer to use the babyface and need it ASAP.  Does anyone have any other ideas about what could be causing this?  Another symptom- when I touch the Glyph hard drives, even lightly, the noise reduces.  Thanks!

Re: Babyface Snow- noise from external hard drive w separate power supply

update: I was able to borrow a USB cable for the babyface to test that, and I have now isolated the problem to the interface itself, when connected via usb.