Topic: Help...

I have a CD/DVD/AM/FM/Cassette player which has an optical out*, I'm trying to route the analog cassette audio through my AIO card to WaveLab or Cubase to digitize and re-master it.

The CD/DVD and radio audio comes through just fine using the optical out* into the AIO optical input but, so far, I can't get the cassette player to play ball.

I have a 'Behringer 'audiophile' 8 in 8 out ADAT Audio Interface' can that be used to get this setup working?
Is the problem here that the cassette audio is analog? But when I connect the player's RCA output to the Behringer inputs using the RCA connections there is no input signal in the Behringer.

Sorry, it's just got me 'flummoxed'...

All the best for '22 to everyone here.

Some of my 'stuff'. https://www.youtube.com/user/puutappi

Re: Help...

How will you know if there is a signal on that output ?
Can you test with a speaker or headphone ?
is there a volume control knob on the front of the cassette player ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Thank you so much, waedi!

The device/unit I have is a CD/DVD/AM/FM/Cassette player which I did mention above.

"is there a volume control knob on the front of the cassette player?" Yes.

What I thought was an RCA output turns out to be an Auxiliary device input, DOH! It seems to me there is no audio output from the cassette deck other than the headphone and speaker outs which work as expected.

I think audio from the unit's cassette deck cannot be recorded/copied into another device, computer hard drive in my case. I don't think the speaker or headphone outputs can be used, or can they?

The optical output seems to me to be only for digital content, as I said before, I got output signal from a CD and radio from the player and it works fine with the speakers connected.

Anyway, thank you again, be well!

yes of course you can use the headphone output of the cassette player to record it's signal.
Use an Y-cable stereo jack (TRS) to cinch RCA cable and connect it to the Behringer adat.
Look at the signal in the Totalmix input channel and adjust the headphone volume for a good level not into red.

Got it, and it's working fine, Thank You, waedi! I always had the idea that headphone outputs were not very good outputs as such, but, the sounds pretty good, considering the source material.

I'm in for some fun, I have some cassette recordings (and other's) of several of my bands going back to 1968, holy cow, thats' along time ago, but I'm old and started early...

Anyway, thanks again, I really appreciate your help with this. Be well!

May be it's just the right time to do some stuff at home and who knows, you probably discover a great song, reproduce it and land the new superhit ?