Topic: Logic does not see UCX II

Hi you all

I am new in here.

I used the UCX for years and have been quite happy with it.
Now I changed to the UCX II and I have some initial problems.
I am currently using Logic Pro 10.7.2.

I connect UCXII to MacBook (mid14, 2,5GHz, i7, retina, BigSur 11.2.1) It does not see the card. I restart MacBook and reboot both. Nothing happens.

For testing, I disconnect and connect the old UCX, using the same USB cable. Works perfect, including TotalmixFX, comes up in a splitsecond.

Back to UCX II. No reaction. I have latest RME firmware and software.

Anybody had the same kind of problems?

Thanks, Anders

Re: Logic does not see UCX II

Did you followthe installation steps outlined in the manual and the readme found in the driver archive?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi  I must admit I did not do the Falsh update. Doing it now... Thanks!

I downloaded the driver_mac_usb_327 software and the current flash zip. I have MacOS 11.2.1.  I opened the USB Flash Tool. and pushed the update button. Unlike the instruction video, nothing happens.

Could it be that your UCX II is running in class compliant mode?

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fface_ucx2_e.pdf (page 94, 31. General, paragraph 2):
"The Class Compliant mode can be activated and deactivated directly at the unit, as long as it is
not connected to a Mac or PC: SETUP/REV, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, CC Mode On."

Do you see USB on the display?:
https://i.imgur.com/nvLEKZR.png

2x MADI FX | Digiface Dante | Fireface UFX+ | ADI-192 DD

If the UCX II is not found then the FUT can't flash it. Can you test the UCX II on a different system? You can also enter the display's menu and set it to CC mode (Edit: see post above), then the computer should see it (just Settings dialog and TotalMix won't work).

If that works set it back to normal mode, then reinstall the driver while connected, but do not reboot. Does it work then?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias I followed your instructions as far as possible. I succeeded in installing the driver but not the firmware update at all.

Logic does see the ucxII when in CC mode. I have to disconnect, though, to be able to switch back in USB mode, and UCXII will reboot itself in the switching process. After that, ucxII is invisible again. Updating with the flash tool is not working.

After this, an installation and test run on a windows system showed full update success (USB 39, DSP 24, CC 19)

Back on the Mac, UCXII  can be seen from the computer, detected in the Flash USB Tool with the correct serial no, but  the tool only detects the full USB firmware update (39) , not the DSP or CC firmware at all.

What could be the problem here?

Thanks, Anders

Also thanks to Ninbura for advice smile

It looks like the usual 'device not allowed' issue. There is a pdf about this:

https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/RME_ … BigSur.pdf

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It seems like that fixed it. Now UCXII is seen from Logic.
Thank you Matthias and have a nice day!

Anders