Topic: Digital recording using ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

Greetings,

I have my streamer connecting to Coaxial input. As page 10 listed to set the src to spdif and clock to INT. When recording using DigiCheck, the file size is around 15MB for 40 sec clip but I got no sound from the clip.  Setup input device is correctly recognized ASIO MADIFace USB (my laptop is connected to ADI-2 Pro using USB).

Did I miss a step somewhere? Or my connection is incorrect?

Thanks.

Re: Digital recording using ADI-2 Pro FS R BE

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34518

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you! I'm on v.98. Will try 102 now.

DigiCheck Record has level meters. If these showed something then you recorded something. How do you play that recording?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

DigiCheck Record has level meters. If these showed something then you recorded something. How do you play that recording?

After loading 102 I'm able to record (Digi does show level meters). I play the record using Windows Media Player. Was planning to use the recorded file with RightMark software.

Another question please.  Is spdif input the only way to record? What would I need to record from device that only has USB output?

Thank you.

AFAIR loopback recording has just been added to the device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you Ramses

If i understand correctly all I need for loopback is a XLR/TS cable, plug the input to the output. If the streamer then connects to the USB of ADI-2 Pro, how could I launch Digi or Rightmark since there's only one USB? from ADI-2 Pro?

The meaning of loopback is that you do not need a real cable, its a virtual cable.

Since firmware: ADI-2 DAC 66 / 47 and ADI-2 Pro 259 / 111

Example: ADI-2 Pro *:

I/O -> Main Output 1/2 | Phones Out 3/4 -> Settings -> Loopback -> OFF
                                                                                                                   | pre FX to 1/2 | post FX to 1/2 | post 1/2 -6dB
                                                                                                                   | pre FX to 3/4 | post FX to 3/4 | post 3/4 -6dB
                                                                                                                   | pre FX to 5/6 | post FX to 5/6 | post 5/6 -6dB

See information in this thread: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34364

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

silversubie wrote:

Thank you Ramses

If i understand correctly all I need for loopback is a XLR/TS cable, plug the input to the output. If the streamer then connects to the USB of ADI-2 Pro, how could I launch Digi or Rightmark since there's only one USB? from ADI-2 Pro?

Is the streamer an app on you PC/mac or a device with only analog and usb and no digital out?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

vinark wrote:
silversubie wrote:

Thank you Ramses

Is the streamer an app on you PC/mac or a device with only analog and usb and no digital out?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm testing 2 different streamers. One has digital out/spdif so I'm good there.  THe 2nd one only has USB output, that's it.  No digital nor analog out.  Thanks!

ramses wrote:

The meaning of loopback is that you do not need a real cable, its a virtual cable.

Since firmware: ADI-2 DAC 66 / 47 and ADI-2 Pro 259 / 111

Example: ADI-2 Pro *:

I/O -> Main Output 1/2 | Phones Out 3/4 -> Settings -> Loopback -> OFF
                                                                                                                   | pre FX to 1/2 | post FX to 1/2 | post 1/2 -6dB
                                                                                                                   | pre FX to 3/4 | post FX to 3/4 | post 3/4 -6dB
                                                                                                                   | pre FX to 5/6 | post FX to 5/6 | post 5/6 -6dB

See information in this thread: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34364

Thank you Ramses.  Sorry but not quite clear I understand the above.  It appears that with firmware 111, I could go to the device setting I/O--> Main output 1/2...and turn on or off Loopback as I understand what you stated above.

My issue is one of the streamer I have only has USB output, no spdif/coaxial/aes.  How could I use Digicheck to record this streamer?

From the link you quoted above, I saw this line "When Loopback 1/2 is active, the analog input is disabled for USB. This is made clear via a note in both the Analog In analyzer screen and the Status Overview."

Does it mean that I could use the analog input to record USB device? So all I need is some sort of adapter or USB to TS/XLR cable?

Sorry never used it myself, maybe somebody other could kindly jump in here.

silversubie wrote:
vinark wrote:
silversubie wrote:

Thank you Ramses

Sorry I wasn't clear. I'm testing 2 different streamers. One has digital out/spdif so I'm good there.  THe 2nd one only has USB output, that's it.  No digital nor analog out.  Thanks!

Isn't it an usb input? Or maybe a link to the device?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Regarding loopback, also see section 17.4.3 Loopback Analog Out to USB Record in the manual.