Topic: Digicheck before Sonarworks calibration profile

Hello.

Has anyone manage to setup Digicheck so it receives signal before the calibration profile of Sonarworks happens?

I'm using software room calibration plugin (Sonarworks) on my audio output. So I need to visualisation plugin insert BEFORE room correction. I love DigiCheck but now it shows an altered signal after the room calibration profile.

Thank you,
Cezar

Re: Digicheck before Sonarworks calibration profile

Make two tracks in your DAW, one for the plugin, one for the clean sound.
Use different output channels for those two tracks, output 1/2 for the clean signal and output 3/4 for the plugin.
Then make the routing in Totalmix including Loopback.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Hi, I have the same problem with the standalone version of SoundID Reference.
I think there is no way to put DigiCheck NG before SoundID Reference, because SoundID Reference acts as the "audio driver" which directly gets feed with the audio stream from the computer and then distributes its calibrated signal to the RME software / hardware.

In the DAW (Nuendo 12) I'm using the workaround by sending my master bus to a second bus / output, which I then select in DigiCheck NGs "Input Selection...".

I also tried Decibel from Process Audio. With this metering software it works, because you can choose Decibel as the main audio driver and then route the output from Decibel to SoundID Reference, which then does its magic and feeds the RME software / hardware. Another cool thing with Decibel is, that you can use a tablet with the Decibel App and have an extra screen for monitoring.

Would be nice if this would be also possible with DigiCheck NG.

Win10 Pro 64bit v.1903 | Nuendo 10 latest | i7-4820K 3.7GHz | 32GB DDR3 RAM | RME Fireface UFX+

maybe I'll give Black Hole a try
https://existential.audio/blackhole/

Win10 Pro 64bit v.1903 | Nuendo 10 latest | i7-4820K 3.7GHz | 32GB DDR3 RAM | RME Fireface UFX+

I use Source Elements - Source NEXUS plugin in an insert slot prior to SoundID, to route the signal to a spare channel in Totalmix. Works a treat.

----------------
Matt McKenzie-Smith (UFXII, UFX, Babyface) MacStudioUltra OS13.2.1
----------------

mattrixx wrote:

I use Source Elements - Source NEXUS plugin in an insert slot prior to SoundID, to route the signal to a spare channel in Totalmix. Works a treat.

nice, thanks for this solution.

Since I'm on Mac, I've found the solution directly in macOS.

Create a new Multi-Output device in the Audio-Midi settings. Then just add your RME audio interface as a master and also add SoundID Reference.
macOS sends the audio stream on 1 and 2, so I have my DigiCheck NG analyzing 1 and 2. I've set SoundID to my Fireface 3 and 4. Now everything works as I wanted.