Topic: Native volume control implementation?

What is RME's stance as to why the operating system volume control is not implemented in their drivers? It is silly to me that one is expected to switch into TotalMix FX and drag a fader around every time one wants to change the volume of something.

More interesting still is third party developers crafting their own solutions to this problem instead of the manufacturer of these very expensive pieces of hardware implementing the most basic of usability features into their software. I can not make sense of this situation what so ever. I've just purchased 4 different pieces of RME equipment and my first experience with it all is spending an hour searching through forum post of people asking for the exact same thing dating back over a decade. This is simply comical that you can not control the output volume via standard keyboard media keys. As if we're not in the year 2022?

Please... make it make sense.

2 (edited by brooksaudio 2022-01-16 13:05:57)

Re: Native volume control implementation?

Check out Rogue Amoeba Sound Source.  Adds OS volume control to any output.

Also allows you to insert plug ins on your hardware outputs.

I made a video about it, to add processing to my monitors (HEDD) here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDLg4b8v7LI

Re: Native volume control implementation?

brooksaudio wrote:

Check out Rogue Amoeba Sound Source.  Adds OS volume control to any output.

Also allows you to insert plug ins on your hardware outputs.

I made a video about it, to add processing to my monitors (HEDD) here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDLg4b8v7LI

Just had a look and it’s Mac only so it won’t be of any use if they are using a pc as I am. I would like to be able to run speaker correction outside my DAW as well although not bothered about it being linked in anyway to windows volume control or keyboard.

Professional audio interfaces have always stayed away from the volume controls for good reasons. I use my bfp fs wheel for my volume control or an iPad. Before that sliders on a mixing desk.

It seems that more people are using the interfaces for things they were not used for in the past. Professional audio interfaces were used for recording studios/mastering.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.