1 (edited by Vibuthi 2022-01-16 17:30:37)

Topic: DC detected on line out

Hello everyone.

Recently updated the firmware on my RME ADI 2 pro FS and this afternoon it went "click" and displayed a warning: DC detected on line out.
The strange thing is, it only happens with one particular album: "The Imperial Bells of china" by the Hubei song and Dance ensemble. Doesn't matter if I play the original CD on any of my players , the FLAC rip from said CD or a sample on Amazon's website.

The spectrum analyzer clearly shows some funky behavior in the 20hz band (Stuck at -30dB during playback of this album) When I disable the software protection it displays a slightly less ominous pink warning message and plays right through it.

Could this be the recording? Is it harmful? Could anyone try the amazon sample on their ADI 2 pro and see if it acts the same. https://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Mulbe … B000QMHT3I

Re: DC detected on line out

It’s the track.
But, -30 dB DC is not harmfull to anything, even if it makes it’s way to the speakers / headphones.

Next firmware is announced to have a smarter solution for the DC problem.

Meanwhile you can use the PEQ with following settings to remove DC:
Band 1:
G: doesn’t matter
F: 20
Q: 0.7
Type: HPF

Iam getting same DC detected on line out message, the line out becomes disabled.
Totally random,  maybe more so playing radio. Ie paradise radio .

Waiting for firmware update

4 (edited by KaiS 2022-01-16 18:42:30)

terrys999 wrote:

Iam getting same DC detected on line out message, the line out becomes disabled.
Totally random,  maybe more so playing radio. Ie paradise radio .

Waiting for firmware update

This new setting is quite conservative.
Before the DC trigger threshold was much higher.

Thanks KaiS , was a bit worried something was wrong with the device. I’ll bookmark the forum index and keep an eye out for the next firmware update.
Doesn’t appear like I’ll need to do anything special untill then ,since it’s only the one disc so far (which I rarely play, it’s more of a binaural demo disc for me), and my upstream components also have their own dc protection.