Topic: Connecting the 12mic to the Fireface UFXll

So far from what I'm seeing and reading, the best way to connect the 12mic to the Fireface UFXll is to use the adat and the word clock.

For the word clock people are saying use the 12mic as the master and you go 12mic W.C. out to UFXll word clock in.

Is this the best way way? The correct way to connect?

Thanks!!!!

Re: Connecting the 12mic to the Fireface UFXll

Won't make a big difference because all RME interfaces have SteadyClock which does optimizations when working as clock slave.

I would recommend you to get an UFX+ instead of the UFX II so that you can connect the 12Mic through MADI.
Only then you can record also in double or quad speed.
The UFX II has only two ADAT inputs, so you can record the 12ports only at single speed or you loose ports.
In double speed only 8 ports would be supported.

12Mic can then learn clock through either WC or MADI. If you use MADI, then you do not need additional WC cabling.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Right I learned that. But I didn't want to have to buy a whole new interface. I thought though that I can get 8 mic signals from 12mic and 8 from the UFXll for a total of 16 inputs to my DAW right?

UFX II (ADAT1) <------------- 12Mic
           (ADAT2) <-------------

ADAT = 8ch @single speed
So with 2 ADAT ports you should be able to route the 12 Mic channels of 12Mic to the UFX II

Then you have 12 + 4 = 16 Mic channels from 12Mic/UFXII.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13