Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS Build quality

Hello
I bought a brand new ADI-2 FS last week. One of the things that swayed me to drop cash on it was the alleged superior build quality which so many reviewers seem to can't stop going on about.

Unfortunately my unit has a misaligned front panel which is clearly visible around the power buttons and knobs aka encoders. It's not a minor misalignment either, encoder B basically touches the front fascia hence I wanted to ask if something like this is acceptable from QC stand point or should RME have caught it and fixed before it was boxed.

Thank you

https://i.postimg.cc/6qWKQGhQ/Untitled.jpg

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS Build quality

In this case i think the panel is correctly aligned, but the button is not (may caused because an elevated solder joint). Fixing is easy. just send it back to your dealer and I'm sure they can get it corrected.

I'm getting it exchanged for a brand new unit, luckily, because this sort of thing is unacceptable in a device which retails above 1k. And it's not just this knob that is misaligned, power button and volume knob are also offcentre in the same fashion as this encoder but a bit less pronounced.

I think this could be a transport damage. If possible I never send any device by post.

Win10 Pro, ADI-2 Pro, Basis 1, Adam A3X; RL 906; Grace M902B, Glockenklang Bugatti, Strauss SE-NF-3

It's not transport damage, trust me. More like a Friday afternoon product.

Certainly I trust you.
However I know that some of the Swiss packages are thrown over 2 or 3 meters or more. In this case the packaging will usually not be damaged but the content. E.g. I have received 4 damaged coffee machines in a short time. The 5th machine got even lost.

Win10 Pro, ADI-2 Pro, Basis 1, Adam A3X; RL 906; Grace M902B, Glockenklang Bugatti, Strauss SE-NF-3

It can happen, when all tolerances added together.  You have it exchanged and settled.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

8 (edited by cmchen 2022-01-20 16:59:18)

I remember times when lacklustre quality resulted in apologies, now it seems that it results in gaslighting. Fingers crossed that the replacement really is made the way it should be. And that it's not going to cost me more time (i.e. money) to sort out.

9 (edited by vinark 2022-01-20 17:56:33)

None of the people reacting here are from RME and neither am I....
So read it as you average forum '?(''~~(~('&))

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Gaslighting is kind of insult to members who came in and offer some discussion to the matter, better QC yourself.

11 (edited by ramses 2022-01-20 19:41:44)

cmchen wrote:

I remember times when lacklustre quality resulted in apologies, now it seems that it results in gaslighting. Fingers crossed that the replacement really is made the way it should be. And that it's not going to cost me more time (i.e. money) to sort out.

If you bring the term gaslighting into play here, I wonder if you are even aware of what is meant by it. According to Google: "Gaslighting in psychology is a form of psychological violence or abuse, with which victims are deliberately disoriented, manipulated and deeply unsettled and their reality and self-awareness is gradually deformed or destroyed."
Well, I hope there is still enough self-confidence left for a possible goodwill settlement, if needed wink

BTW, this is a user forum and everybody tries the best to help others. But there are always other views on something possible like in every user forum. All people in this thread so far are RME customers like you. If you expect goodwill from seller or excuses, then the public is maybe not the best platform for this. More important is IMHO that you get a solution.
I am pretty sure, that nobody intended to anger you in any way. This is one of the tradeoffs of industrial manufacturing, to reach 100% perfectness prices would explode. From the quite high resale prices on used market you can deduce, that RME products are usually of high quality. Align with your seller and all will be good.

Have a good evening and good luck with it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Johannes AU wrote:

Gaslighting is kind of insult to members who came in and offer some discussion to the matter, better QC yourself.

This precisely is the texbook defintion of gaslighting. BTW, if I was making a product using "premium" as one of the USP's I'd make sure the product is 99.999% QCwise before it leaves the factory.

ramses wrote:

BTW, this is a user forum and everybody tries the best to help others.

The only reason I posted here is because RME themselves are active and they invite people (e.g. on youtube) to come here and exchange feedback. I thought my post was clear. I asked RME for feedback on the situation from QC perspective. 

The atmosphere on here reminds that of Apple forums. I especially "enjoyed" the part about Swiss parcels being thrown over 2 or 3 meters or more. However the Swiss got involved I don't know but I guess "this is a user forum" so everything random goes, eh?

13 (edited by beat8000 2022-01-20 23:08:05)

The reasons why I wrote my comment are my experiences with several postal damages and also a recent warranty issue with my RME ADI-2 Pro. The Swiss distributor has offered to send me back my repaired device but I prefered to pick it up at his place.

I did the same when I bought the converter from a dealer in 2019.

cmchen wrote:
Johannes AU wrote:

This precisely is the texbook defintion of gaslighting. BTW, if I was making a product using "premium" as one of the USP's I'd make sure the product is 99.999% QCwise before it leaves the factory.

ramses wrote:

The only reason I posted here is because RME themselves are active and they invite people (e.g. on youtube) to come here and exchange feedback. I thought my post was clear. I asked RME for feedback on the situation from QC perspective. 

The atmosphere on here reminds that of Apple forums. I especially "enjoyed" the part about Swiss parcels being thrown over 2 or 3 meters or more. However the Swiss got involved I don't know but I guess "this is a user forum" so everything random goes, eh?

Behave like a child and cries out loud doesn't help.

If you want RME's response, send an email to them to explain the problem with pictures, NO ONE can help you here for YOUR purchase.

Apple is nothing related to RME, pull it in to strengthen your points do not make any sense at all, same as Swiss parcels.

Do you fully understand what is refund/exchange policy and warranty/service terms and condition?

If you keep abusing the forum and members, sooner or later no one will answer to your post.

vinark wrote:

At last, a sane reply smile

I do understand the OP though. If the device left the factory like that, that's a bit worrying. Just a bit though, since it's one of a kind as far as we know.

Johannes AU wrote:

If you keep abusing the forum and members, sooner or later no one will answer to your post.

It's a shame you didn't practice what you preach before you'd wasted time providing your unsolicited "insight".

eleweit wrote:
vinark wrote:

Yeah, that perhaps was the mistake here. I thought this is a forum where RME discuss their products with their clients. What it seems to be though is another sandobx full of fanbois who don't allow any thought that their religion could be flawed, like Apple and their fanobis/forums.

eleweit wrote:

I do understand the OP though. If the device left the factory like that, that's a bit worrying. Just a bit though, since it's one of a kind as far as we know.

That said your post is the first where I could say that someone actually understood the point of my OP instead of trying to find blame in everyone around except those who made the device.

cmchen wrote:
eleweit wrote:
vinark wrote:

Yeah, that perhaps was the mistake here. I thought this is a forum where RME discuss their products with their clients. What it seems to be though is another sandobx full of fanbois who don't allow any thought that their religion could be flawed, like Apple and their fanobis/forums.

eleweit wrote:

That said your post is the first where I could say that someone actually understood the point of my OP instead of trying to find blame in everyone around except those who made the device.

Have you contacted company that sold you the item regarding shipping damages and product warranty?

WY

CD Transport>optical>RME ADI-2 DAC FS(AKM)>XLR balanced >GLM software>Genelec Monitors 8340A

cmchen wrote:
Johannes AU wrote:

ramses wrote:

This is a user forum to exchange helpful information in a civil manner. Your problem with the product distributor seems unresolved.  Who did you buy it from?  How was it shipped to you?
Are they giving you a warranty replacement?

WY

CD Transport>optical>RME ADI-2 DAC FS(AKM)>XLR balanced >GLM software>Genelec Monitors 8340A

20 (edited by beat8000 2022-01-21 14:01:14)

cmchen wrote:
eleweit wrote:
vinark wrote:

As I have written above I had a warranty issue recently with my Adi 2 Pro and I have created the following topic for it: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34273.
According to the analysis of the Swiss distributor three small plates in total went loose because of the warmth of the device since 2019.

cmchen wrote:

What it seems to be though is another sandobx full of fanbois who don't allow any thought that their religion could be flawed, like Apple and their fanobis/forums.

I wouldn't say that. Or at least, not in those words, as it sounds a bit too disrespectful for my taste smile

Hello,

Please contact the retailer or local distributor for warranty service.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME