nice to hear from you again, I see the good intention, like in other contributions that you did over the past years (just had a quick look to rememeber), but sorry if I say it like that, I get the impression you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.
This is my personal view after many years of experience with RME, not only with this product. Maybe my view helps you a bit to see it from another angle and maybe to come to the same or similar conclusions like me. Last but not least, no matter what I think/write, RME will also read your request and maybe give their own views on this...
The link is the same because the fut supports multiple devices and RME wants customers to always use the latest version with the latest bug fixes and features.
The advantages for the customer are obvious:
1. Any potential bugs of older firmware versions do not re-appear of all sudden again. This makes support easier for all of us users/customers helping each other and also for RME. Everybody who wants can check/validate with the latest firmware.
2. Customers receive the current features as described in the current documentation (no confusion, everything easy and straightforward)
3. The more customers using the latest firmware, the more feedback on the latest version and a higher certainty that there is no hidden bug or a higher probability of finding one.
4. RME fixes bugs very promptly.
5. So far I haven't experienced a bug that immediately required a rollback to an older firmware, with none of the RME devices I have and there are quite a few.
6. Should it be necessary, RME will upload older firmware and provide the URL for it.
If you are still not convinced that this is completely sufficient or, like me, simply have the habit of wanting more options, then you can take action yourself and rename the just downloaded file and add a version number to it.
Also comments about features, whatever you prefer.
However, you may find over the years (like me) that it is not really necessary, but I still do most of the time (if I do not forget)
UFX+, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1650v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub12Pro