Topic: ARC USB vs Totalmix vs Digiface USB

I would like to know if it is possible to use the ARC USB to control a specific volume slider, e.g. ADAT 1/2 and not the main volume slider. Does anyone have experience with this / is this possible on Mac in 2022?

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

2 (edited by ramses 2022-01-30 20:51:55)

Re: ARC USB vs Totalmix vs Digiface USB

TM FX -> Assign -> Assign ADAT 1/2 or any other HW output as "Main Out"

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by fieldstu 2022-01-30 21:44:46)

Hmm, I did not find an option to assign ADAT 1/1 as Main Out.

I checked which settings I have related to this and seem to have TM FX -> Options -> Mixer Settings -> General -> Main out -> setting 1 Dim ; Setting 2 Recall ; Setting 3 Ext Input selector ; Setting 4 Gain. Nothing besides this (?)

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

The Assign- button in the TM FX control room... manual ch 19.4

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

fieldstu wrote:

I would like to know if it is possible to use the ARC USB to control a specific volume slider, e.g. ADAT 1/2 and not the main volume slider. Does anyone have experience with this / is this possible on Mac in 2022?

The faders that can be controlled are visible in the drop down menu of the ARC USB Settings dialog: Main and Phones 1 to 4. This can be extended by using a fader group, but requires one of these 5 to be part of that group.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks ramses and MC. This will work!

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Just a note I couldn't be happier with the advanced remote. Oh can there be baked in a function in the functions to choose to reset Main Volume to 0db at a button press? (Right now I work around this by using Dim then trimming the main volume and without Dim it is at 0Db.)

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Set in preferences "Do not load ---"
and recall a saved snapshot again, this will restore the routing including the volume that you stored e.g. 0dB.
Then change the volume as you like and again recall that snapshot and you will come back to 0dB.

Sorted, you're the best!

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

10 (edited by ramses 2022-02-03 17:25:14)

Nice to hear that it works for you this way :-)