Topic: TotalMix FX not appearing and no sound from Babyface

Hi.
I'm using:
Babyface with driver 1.219 and hardware revision 225.
Windows 10 v 21H2
Lenovo Yoga laptop
Sibelius notation program

When I click on the FireFace USB icon, only the USB config window opens; TotalMix FX window does not open.
No sound is produced (oven through headphones directly connected to the Babyface) even though the notation program accepts MIDI keyboard input.

Please help.

Thank you.

John

Re: TotalMix FX not appearing and no sound from Babyface

There is no reason TM FX should open when you click the USB Settings dialog icon. Click on the TM FX icon instead (which might be hidden behind the chevron).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the prompt reply. The only 'hidden' icon (behind the chevron) is the one I clicked (the one with the flames...) which is labelled 'Fireface USB Settings' when I hover over it and it only opens the USB settings. There are 11 of  these 'hidden' icons altogether, and all the other ones go to VPN, Skype and so on. Nothing else relates to RME / TotalMix.

Is there some other way I can get to TotalMix?

Thank you.

I think this article might help: https://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/art … id=2356090

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

Windows may have arbitrarily blocked the TotalMixFX.exe from running at startup.

Hold CTRL+ALT+DEL, launch Task Manager, click "More Details" at the bottom. Go to the Startup tab. Find the totalmixfx.exe file in the list, and check that it's showing "Enabled". If it says "Disabled", right click and select Enable. When you reboot your PC the app icon will be in the tray again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you, Jeff! That was the answer and it all works perfectly.

Thank you, fieldstu, for your suggestion. The link went to 'Not found', but fortunately, once TotalMix was functional, Sibelius worked seamlessly with Babyface.

John.