Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS - high pitched coil whine when LCD/display on

Just got a fresh ADI-2-DAC FS with ESS yesterday and been loving it so far.
But after a while I noticed a coil whine when the LCD display is on and set to less then 100% brightness (80% by default, the less % the more noise).
Thankfully it has no affect on the audio, but it can be annoying since the unit is on a table right next to me, would never noticed the issue otherwise.

Found at least a couple of similar cases with this DAC on the internet and this forum, so a replacement unit can have the same issue and I'm already satisfied with the performance of the one I have.

The question is - should I be very worried about this?

And can I fix it manually by "waxing" the inductor in the future? It appears to be not anywhere near the signal path and just part of the LCD power supply.

For now I've set display to 100% brightness to suppress the issue.

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS - high pitched coil whine when LCD/display on

the issue is already address by MC --- just send it back to your dealer and the dealer can fix it for you.

ning wrote:

the issue is already address by MC --- just send it back to your dealer and the dealer can fix it for you.

Not going to waste literal weeks by sending it back and forth across the globe for no good reason.

Unfortunately 'waxing' or any other similar method does not change anything. It would have been nice to be so easy.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

In the worst case that inductor can be replaced...well, assuming that it's inductors fault and not something else, if that is just inductor then I'm not too worried.