1 (edited by cliff.benz 2022-02-04 14:03:50)

Topic: Adi 2 Pro FS as macbook playback interface?

Hello,

i consider in buying the ADI 2 PRO FS as audiointerface or mostly as audiophile playback device.

My scope is 90% music listening and 10% making music in the box (no mic recording, just working with samples)

please be considerate :-) i have a few "amateurish" questions - before ordering - just to be confirmed:

- as far as i understand i can connect the ADI Pro FS to my macbook via USB and it will be
  recognized as Class Compliant USB Audio.  So no Total mix and no Fireface driver will be installed,
   just the Apple internal drivers? 

- Will the class compliant generic drivers have worser playback audioquality than the optimized
  RME drivers (like for the BF Pro etc. with Jitter correction etc.. or will this processing be made inside the ADI ProFS)?

- rightnow i have 2 speaker pairs connected.  Genelec Speaker pair and a smaller pair speakers.  is the there a
  one click solution to switch between speakers?  Like Tap a Button to switch from Speakerpair A to B and reverse or
  needs it more steps clicking through the menu?

- if music is playing (no matter from which speaker pair) and i plug-in a Headphone, will the speakers automatically
  be silenced and signal routed to the headphone and vice versa?  (on my current setup if i put in a headphone, speakers still
  continue to play along with headphones and i have to click through menus and turn down volume and pull up on headphone,
  which is a little laborious ;-)

thanks in advance for the answers..

Re: Adi 2 Pro FS as macbook playback interface?

Here are the answers to each of your question:

Yes

No

No. Unless you connect your one pair of speakers to front 3/4 output (and you can switch between 1/2 and 3/4).

yes. You have the option to do the automatic switch. you can also make both on.