1 (edited by Jperkins 2022-02-06 00:07:29)

Topic: ADI-2 Pro FS R BE CC Multichannel Mode

I'm finally getting a chance to try some things as discussed in this other thread:
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34071

But..I'm having some troubles getting my ADI-2 Pro FS R BE to be anything other than CC Stereo Mode. With everything I try, the option to toggle it from Stereo just stays greyed out.

I'm using the latest software/firmware and I have read the manual more than once.

Does anybody have any tips on how to get it so that in my DAW I can send one track to USB 1/2 and another track to USB 3/4?

Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by Jperkins 2022-02-06 01:17:35)

Re: ADI-2 Pro FS R BE CC Multichannel Mode

OK, "To be able to change the mode USB must be disconnected" may have been overlooked when reading the manual.

I think I've made some progress but may be back with more dumb questions.

There is a learning curve and getting used to with ADI-2 DAC/PRO. They are not overly intuitive, but not that bad either. Given all the features packed into these small boxes.

Dont worry about stupid questions, youre in good company here! big_smile

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Happy_amateur wrote:

There is a learning curve and getting used to with ADI-2 DAC/PRO. They are not overly intuitive, but not that bad either. Given all the features packed into these small boxes.

Dont worry about stupid questions, youre in good company here! big_smile

Yes, I've had this unit for over a year now but until yesterday, I only used it in my mastering chain in AD/DA mode and honestly never touched it once I got it working as a basic converter in and out. I set it and forgot it.

Yesterday I started trying to use it as a main USB interface for my mobile rig and that's when it got overwhelming.

In the end, I was able to get it to work so I can toggle between listening to USB 1/2 and 3/4 via headphones 3/4 so I can compare two tracks in my DAW by simply toggling the source on the unit itself.

The sound is great. I was trying to see it was better than the Grace m900, and better enough to justify the extra power cable needed, as the Grace m900 is conveniently bus powered which I know, comes with a compromise to some degree.

Between the extra stereo monitoring channel which I find handy, and notable (not huge but noticeable enough) better sound of the DAC and headphone amp than the m900, I think this just earned a spot as my main mobile interface and the Grace m900 while still very very good, will be a backup and for quick stuff where I don't feel like (or can't) deal with another power cable needed.