Topic: Multiple class compliant usb audio interfaces.

Which RME products together would I need to route the audio over usb between three devices (iPad, Maschine+, mpcLive) and have 4 minimum of analogue outs (x2 headphones) and four in.

Thanks.

Re: Multiple class compliant usb audio interfaces.

I use two Digiface USB and two FF400 to route audio between four Macs via ADAT optical cable, using TotalMix to handle everything.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

Thanks Cyrano. How are you connecting four macs? I thought that the digiface only connects to one usb host? Or are you using OS X aggregate audio routing pairs of macs.. so only one mac is interfaces with per. digiface?

ta+

Each Mac has one interface connected.

All the routing between the Macs is over ADAT optical. One Mac with a Digiface USB is the routing station. The second one handles recording. The two remaining Macs (with a FF400) are sound sources: two mic inputs, plus playback from VOIP connections (Zoom etc.) and/or Mixxx.

There's only one interface on the market that can connect to two computers simultaneously, AFAIK, and it's not from RME ;-)

Sorry my bad I did not notice you said x2 of each.

Aye.. own that other that other interface that bridges two usb audio hosts. But now I need a third.

And how's that other (I can't even remember the brand) interface doing?

I'm curious, as a friend of mine considered buying one, but couldn't find out much about using it with two computers on the net.

I’m currently using a iConnect audio4 between a Maschine+, MPC Live or a iPad. Works ok. But the config software is hell, especially for midi.

Thanks for the feedback, Rafal. Seems to confirm what I heard from the one user I encountered.