Topic: Different volume on AES Output and ADAT2-AES output?

Hey everybody,

my main speakers are connected to the AES output of my Fireface 802 - so the AES output is assigned as "Main out" in my Totalmix. I now wanted to connect my TC Electronics Clarity to the ADAT 2 output, switched to AES.  Is it possible, to send full volume to the ADAT 2/AES output, while changing the volume on the main out only for the AES output? Right now, the ADAT2/AES out also changes the volume, if I am changing the volume for my speakers.

Thank you very much and all the best
David

2 (edited by ramses 2022-02-12 10:31:22)

Re: Different volume on AES Output and ADAT2-AES output?

Hi Davis,

I think this is the same like with UFX+ as the block diagrams look the same.

The UFX+ manual tells it clearer in ch 7.1: "Optical 2 In: Operates as second ADAT input (default). Selecting AES/SPDIF will route the optical input signal to the AES-Receiver. This mode disables the AES input via XLR."

In order to have two separate channels ADAT2 and AES with individual volume control in TM FX you need to set ADAT2 to ADAT format in the driver settings.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Different volume on AES Output and ADAT2-AES output?

Hi Ramses,

thank you for your answer. I was actually on the output side, not the input side :-).

So the Clarity metering is connected optically to the ADAT2 Output. I have to switch it to AES/SPDIF, because the Clarity only accepts SPDIF. Meanwhile my monitors are connected to the actual AES output of my Fireface 802. When I now change the volume of the AES output, the volume of the ADAT2 output (switched to AES) also changes. Do you, or anybody else have/has an idea how it would be possible to send fullscale to the ADAT2 Output? :-)

Thank you very much!

Best
David