Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS and streaming rates

Love my new RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I'm currently streaming Qobuz from a Bluesound Node 2021 via coax. The max streaming rate out from the Node via coax is supposed to be 192, but I can't get anything higher than 96 to display on the DAC, even if Qobuz says the track is 192. Is there a setting on the ADI I need to change? Am I missing something? Not a big deal because the DAC sounds great as is. Thanks!

2 (edited by Curt962 2022-02-13 00:35:53)

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS and streaming rates

Hi JT!

My use case is much like yours, but 192khz material from Qobuz plays just fine, and comes down as 192khz as indicated by my ADI-2 DAC.

Perhaps the best place to look is in your Qobuz settings, to ensure that you've not inadvertently limited the application to 96khz max.   (You can limit it to 320kbps Mp3 if needed)

There are data rate restrictions that the user can apply to better suit certain use case scenarios, etc.

Qobuz>Settings>Streaming Rates

You will see a page like this.

https://i.ibb.co/85B8S9r/Screenshot-20220212-193244-Qobuz.jpg

I think the solution lies here.

Best!

Curt

Vintage 2018 ADI-2 DAC. "Classic AKM4490 Edition"
Cables:  Red, and White Ones.
Speakers:  Yes

Curt962 wrote:

Hi JT!

My use case is much like yours, but 192khz material from Qobuz plays just fine, and comes down as 192khz as indicated by my ADI-2 DAC.

Perhaps the best place to look is in your Qobuz settings, to ensure that you've not inadvertently limited the application to 96khz max.   (You can limit it to 320kbps Mp3 if needed)

There are data rate restrictions that the user can apply to better suit certain use case scenarios, etc.

Qobuz>Settings>Streaming Rates

You will see a page like this.

I think the solution lies here.

Best!

Curt

Thank you very much for your reply. I checked the setting and it's already set at 192/24 on my phone app. I'll also check the tablet but I'm supposing it will be the same. The rate is set to CD quality on the Qobuz desktop app for iOS but I don't think that makes a difference. Still, I'll change that one too. Thanks again! Jeff

Yes indeed, look into it as the Streaming settings are not syncd to all of your devices, but rather are playback device specific.   

ie:  My home server settings have no influence on those settings in my mobile Smart Device.

Curt

OK...I seem to have overcome my stupidity and solve the problem. I've been using the BluOS app to stream from the Node for a while (Tidal) but not for Qobuz. Turns out there's a setting there that sets streaming rates. It was set to 96. So, it wasn't the Qobuz app, but rather the BluOS app. Live and learn! No way I can hear the difference between 96 and 192 anyway. Thanks to all who tried to help!

JT,

Wonderful!   I'm happy that everything is working nicely for you.

Enjoy!!!

Curt