Topic: How to Save an Eq preset

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have the RMEADI-2 DAC fs. I cant for the life of me save an EQ on this bloody thing.

I go to the EQ settings, create my desired eq. Go to the next part, name it ect. And hold the save button for 2 seconds, it says its done. When I go back to it, the only thing that has saved is the name I have chosen, the eq is back to being flat.

I have read the manual, and feel like it should be simple. I'm 34 and relatively tech savvy.

Can anyone please help me? I would be forever grateful.

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-02-13 15:30:12)

Re: How to Save an Eq preset

I do this all the time, now trying to imagine what might go wrong, maybe:

In the “Save to (push 1s) ##”-field, did you see and select the number “##”, e.g. “1”, “2”, etc. of the preset slot to save and recall your setting?

Save is Encoder 2, but this is probably clear?!

3 (edited by Jperkins 2022-02-13 15:40:36)

FWIW, I found it hard to discern if you're in the "Save" section or "Load" section when saving presets if you're not looking super closely.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I have the same difficulty and hopefully this has been resolved by now.
Specifically, how can I load a certain EQ preset and then, after changing it, save it into another slot?
I need to modify an existing EQ and save the modified one into another slot so I can retrieve depending on what I'm doing.

So far: I go into the 1st EQ screen (press EQ button), press Enc 2until the preset select appears and select a preset, which is shown in the bode plot, active, colors on. Let's say this is preset 4.
Now I make a change, that is reflected in the bode plot, colors active. I want to save this changed EQ in say slot 10.

Press EQ button 2nd time, and I get into the EQ Enable/Presets screen. I navigate to Preset Select, select slot 10, step through the name fields, till I get to the Save (1s) field, press Enc 2 until I get Done. So far so good.

Now I go back to the initial EQ screen, press Enc 2 until the preset selection screen appears, select preset 10 and the bode plot comes up emplty (flat, colors active). Tried several times, no luck.

What am I missing?

Jan

5 (edited by KaiS 2023-03-22 15:21:38)

jan.didden wrote:

...how can I load a certain EQ preset and then, after changing it, save it into another slot?
I need to modify an existing EQ and save the modified one into another slot so I can retrieve depending on what I'm doing.

So far: I go into the 1st EQ screen (press EQ button), press Enc 2until the preset select appears and select a preset, which is shown in the bode plot, active, colors on. Let's say this is preset 4.
Now I make a change, that is reflected in the bode plot, colors active. I want to save this changed EQ in say slot 10.

Press EQ button 2nd time, and I get into the EQ Enable/Presets screen. I navigate to Preset Select, select slot 10,

At this point select “Manual” - the source preset.
“Manual” is selected as default when you changed an existing EQ, so typically nothing to select at this step.

step through the name fields, till I get to the Save (1s) field,

At this step turn Encoder 2 to select the destination, e.g. 10.

press Enc 2 until I get Done...

The point is not to select anything - that is the wrong approach as you LOAD a preset that moment. Skip this step.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, it seems I DID miss something ...
At the end of the process, when you are about to press Enc 2 to 'Save to (push 1s) x', at that point, you can turn the encoder to change the x to the slot where you want to save the EQ. And that does just what I want.
I never picked that up, but in blissfull hindsight it makes total sense.

Jan

Yes, edited my posting above to make that totally clear.

MC wrote:

The point is not to select anything - that is the wrong approach as you LOAD a preset that moment. Skip this step.

Thanks Matthias, yes that makes sense, especially now that I discovered you can select the slot to save to just before the 1s push.
All falls into place now.
The ADI-2 Pro manual starts to become quite colorfull with all the text I highlighted ;-)

Jan