Topic: Strange DURec playback behaviour

Hello, I have been testing DURec with my UFX+ (latest firmware (ESS), software) and I must say it works amazingly well, but something confused me for a while and I'm not sure if it's intended behaviour. I haven't managed to find a forum post on this yet, so apologies if one already exists.

If I enable Record Mode then select all (ctrl-click) output channels for recording, the last 8 channels' recording buttons will flash as expected with the max 80 channel count.

I recorded all 80 channels at 44.1kHz, stopped recording then assigned playback channels 1/2 to my main speaker output - the playback button was flashing. According to the manual this should only happen if there isn't channels found in the playback file, but that isn't the case as I recorded all channels. It also played back silence.

To fix this, I then unchecked two flashing stereo MADI output channels' recording buttons, and eventually the playback button went solid green and I could play the recording.

I'm guessing this might be a bandwidth limit of some sort, but it confused me for a while as the MADI channels I set up to record were hidden, so I didn't notice the flashing record icons.

A weird edge case maybe, but I thought I'd raise it to check if something can be cleared up for others too.

Re: Strange DURec playback behaviour

That might be a simple internal connection, making the playback buttons flash unintentionally. We'll check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME