Topic: Maxing out HDSPe-AIO

Hi,

Can I connect the HDSPe-AIO with the ADAT to the ADI-8 QS plus having both AI4S/192 and the AO4S/192 installed in order to max out the Analog IO count of the card?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Maxing out HDSPe-AIO

HDSPe AIO, yes. ADAT is still available when you use the add-on cards.

HDSPe AIO Pro, no. This model does not support the AI4S and AO4S add on cards.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank you for replying.

Still on the subject of maximizing the AIO connectivity count :
Looking at the specs of ADI-8 QS I gain the following on the AIO:

8x Analog I/O
4 X AES/EBU
2X ADAT I/O
1X Word Clock I/O

As I never owned a converter before:
I will need a module to do word clock between de AIO and the ADI-8QS I believe?
Are the onboard components of the ADI-8QS under control of the AIO? I mean 1 TotalFX instance and everything is routable between the AIO and DI-8QS?

Thanks again to who ever who can help me out.

No WC needed just adat!
And yes all adats are in the one TMF window. I have 2 adats connected to my HDSP9652, 24 ins.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Briljant, thanks.  So my AIO can really battle on with the ADI-8 QS

The AIO has one ADAT I/O port, so you can use the ADI-8 QS as 8 in / 8 out analog, at 44.1 or 48k sample rate.

There is a Digital pass thru mode, so you can alternately send AES signals to the AIO thru ADAT (instead of analog inputs), but again only up to 48k for 8 channels.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Good point Jeff, it would be a huge disappointment if he needed 8 channels at 96k and gets only 4 (or 2 at 192k).

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I've been researching and I still believe I'm still reaching the maximum capabilities of the AIO. A couple of hardware FX, and I have the same issues again.
Final question regarding this matter.

Let's say I buy Raydat.  I know I can not route between the two cards.. But I assume I interconnect them.
I want to for example sacrifice the 1 x SPDIF I/O on both cards  and let the AIO take care of all monitors and headphone for example. The raydat will handle all mix and external hardware synth related stuff. Is this an option?

yes...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME