Topic: Fireface UC Problem on Mac M1 Max Monterey 12.2.1

Hello,
i have some problems with my audiointerface. I’ve received my Macbook pro M1 Max Monterey OS 12.2.1 (before that i’ve used a windows notebook). When i try to install the driver for the thirst time a message popes up that i need to allow the changes (security and privacy + turn mac off & press touch id) but driver don’t work. Totalmix & USB Flash Update are not working, i can’t open it but when i download the FUT USB Flash directly from RME it will work. Totalmix is not working and the USB driver too, I’ve tried to delete/reinstall it but it won’t worked out and when i trie to install the USB driver again the Pop Up (allow new kernel extensions driver) don’t show up and when i open the security & privacy settings i can’t see it there too. What can i do? Someone else have this problem? I hope someone can help out.
Thanks snd best regards

Re: Fireface UC Problem on Mac M1 Max Monterey 12.2.1

You forgot to set the UC into AP (Apple) mode. Manual page 28:

• Check the correct firmware version by a double click on the rotary encoder button. The display PC means Windows, the display AP means Mac. The double click automatically switches between both versions. Note: a change of state is only possible when the unit is not connected to the computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by galawak 2022-06-17 10:26:35)

Hello, is the fireface uc (usb) working with macbookpro 14’ M1 (thunderbolt 4) mac os 12 monterey ?
wich adaptator thunderbolt 4 - usb to connect fireface uc ?
best vibes

hello, i answer . yes it's works but each time i turn mac m1 on , i have to unplug and replug the usb otherwise rme fireface uc will not be recognize. any idea, maybe update ? best vibes ian

hello, rme fireface UC don't work without unplug/ plug when starting mac m1 monterey.
any tips ?  best vibes

You use which driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi,
I bought a new APPLE MAC STUDIO. My RME FIREFACE UC works on my MAC BOOK PRO but don't work on my new Apple.
I use an Apple USB-C - USB2 converter.

The system don't recognise the sound card. TOTALMIX don't work. I can only acces in the setting menu.
The sound car seems active: The red led desapear when I plug the USB on the MAC. (APP MODE OF COURSE!)
I've tested all USB-C and all USB-A port on my MAC.
I've made a re-installation of the latest driver of RME FIREFACE UC. (USB 2/3 driver for macOS 11 and up. Version 3.27. Supports Intel and M1)

But at least, no change. The sound card seems not working on the new MAC.
Can you help me if you have a new idea?
Thanks.
Antoine

Did you follow the installation instructions in the driver readme for M1 computer?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

9 (edited by galawak 2024-02-13 03:54:35)

hello matt, after a while wink
fireface uc on macbookpro m1 (monterey). each time i start the mac, need to pug, unplug usb to active the rme.
fireface setting show: firmwave v127. driver: v4.08

i'am not shure if i have the kernel extension installed, i check in: about this mac, software, extension, no rme ..
where to find kernel extension ? and wich version is installed ..
it work without the famous kernel ? or it's the problem of my plug unplug at mac start ?
should i install kernel extension (if no risk), or just install straight driver kit driver .. what to do my dear rme ? wink
best vibes ian (paris)

10 (edited by waedi 2024-02-13 12:08:32)

You have not installed the kernel extension driver.
4.08 is a new driver-kit-driver (4.10 is the actual one, see the UCXll page, you can use the 4.10 driver, it's readme text tells you how to install.).
Follow the website. The webpage Fireface UC offers the 331 driver, use that one.
I wouldn't use other drivers than offered by the official place.
The firmware 127 seems to be up-to-date.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

hello, nice for your quick answer dear rme member. you shure that i don't have kernel extension because it's not on the list of: about this mac, software, extension, no rme is showing .. so i install kernel extension driver 3.31 then i install driver kit driver 4.10 .. ok i check rme video tuto installation.. shure always use rme official driver .. i check and test.. best vibes wink

12 (edited by waedi 2024-02-14 10:47:28)

after installing the 331 driver you should test the system.
Only if the issue still is there, then try with the 410 driver. It will delete the previous extension 331 driver.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue