Topic: Babyface Pro Drivers - Windows Search Issue

Not sure if this will help anyone, but I spent a morning trying to find out why my Windows Search bar wasn't working. I thought for sure I had a virus.

Quitting out of TotalMix and Fireface USB settings restored search functionality. I'm seeing now that I'm behind on a driver update - was this a known issue that was fixed in a recent update?

Re: Babyface Pro Drivers - Windows Search Issue

I’ve never seen that on any version I’ve had

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

No one has. But Windows search suddenly not working happens in various situations. A reboot often fixes that. Google...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by crbertelsen 2022-03-18 14:39:20)

MC wrote:

No one has. But Windows search suddenly not working happens in various situations. A reboot often fixes that. Google...

No one has.. what? seen this? or reported it? Well, consider it reported. Driver v1.168.

I don't know what you mean by "Google..." are you implying that I didn't search for troubleshooting steps, and follow them? I spent two hours troubleshooting, restarting, running commands, running diagnostics, restarting again, and rebuilding search indices. Perhaps I should have lead with that, but I thought "spent my morning troubleshooting" implied a system reboot and the use of a search engine.

The bottom line is that quitting RME drivers immediately worked when nothing else did.

Hope this someone else. If I'm really the only one, then that's good.