1 (edited by Ninbura 2022-05-03 17:30:12)

Topic: Compression visualizer doesn't work on outputs 191/192 of MADI FX

Running into a weird issue where the compression visualizer doesn't work on the 191/192 output channels of my MADI FX card when viewed in TotalMix.

Sorry, this may be the wrong section to be posting in, wasn't sure if this should go in the HDSPe section or the TotalMix section. Nevertheless, here's a gif displaying the issue:
https://i.postimg.cc/K8MfFXth/2022-03-20-12-32-11-Converted-Compressed-Cropped-Gif.gif

As can be seen, the ball doesn't slide up and down the track on output channels 191/192, in my case this channel is named "Mic Submix", the channel named "Test" are channels 189/190 and as you can see are working fine. As far as I can tell, this issue is limited specifically to the output channels 191/192. The visualization even works fine on the input channels for 191/192.

Was going to apply some compression to the channel. I still can, and the compression appears to apply, but it's hard to dial in without the visualizer. Thinking this is maybe a bug? Any ideas?

MADI FX, Fireface UFX+, ADI-648, HDSPe RayDAT, ADI-192 DD

Re: Compression visualizer doesn't work on outputs 191/192 of MADI FX

The release time of the compressor is the difference ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

We will check and if reproduced fix this, thanks.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

waedi wrote:

The release time of the compressor is the difference ?

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?), this is not the issue. I use 0 attack on most of my compression, guess I just didn't catch in the gif that settings didn't match for testing purposes. Changing the attack didn't change anything at least, nice catch!

MC wrote:

We will check and if reproduced fix this, thanks.

Cool, let me know what you guys find, thanks!