1 (edited by whitenoiz83 2022-03-24 10:17:56)

Topic: [solved] output level - input sensitivity ADI-2 Pro / ADAM S3V

A question about the input sensitivity of my monitor speakers. How do I set it ideally on the ADI-2 Pro for my Adam S3V? Should I turn down the input gain of the S3V beforehand, or should I let the ADI-2 Pro do all the controlling?  Are there any recommendations? Input Gain / Auto Reference Level ON/OFF?

Currently I have the input gain on my S3V at -25db and drive the ADI-2 Pro with auto reference level ON.

I am curious about your opinions.

2 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-03-22 15:04:55)

Re: [solved] output level - input sensitivity ADI-2 Pro / ADAM S3V

With Auto Reference level set to on is the correct move, it compensates the B/T, EQ and Loudness automatically.

Turn the volume of the RME to your normal desired listening level, of the reading of dB at the RME is around -10 to 0dB, then you are good, if it is too loud around -10 to 0 dB, then you can adjust it at the S3V, the lowest value is -60, you might already knew it.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Thank you for your reply.

Then I was on the right path. That's what I took from the instructions. I have unfortunately found nothing about input sensitivity in the Adam S3V manual, except that it is variable and maximum +24 dbu.

4 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-03-22 15:17:35)

whitenoiz83 wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Then I was on the right path. That's what I took from the instructions. I have unfortunately found nothing about input sensitivity in the Adam S3V manual, except that it is variable and maximum +24 dbu.

Yes, you are on the right path smile

After you set everything and done, then you can adjust the DSP of the Adam, be it too loud or too low relative to the RME, you can readjust the gain at the S3V.

Enjoy the RME, Adam and the Music ~~~

Reading words on paper/ screen

I will. Thank you. smile

whitenoiz83 wrote:

I will. Thank you. smile

Bitte schön smile