Topic: ADI-2 DAC remote battery replacement

Hi,

I am embarassed to report that I am unable to open the battery compartment.
What's the trick?

I keep having to "reset" the remote (SEL + 1), could this be a battery issue?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Re: ADI-2 DAC remote battery replacement

The clip will pop straight out if you gently pry with a small flathead screwdriver tip.

It does sound like it needs a new battery.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Johannes AU 2022-03-22 19:13:09)

https://i.ibb.co/8BGjMKH/IMG-5065.jpg

Use fingernail (if strong enough), push the red arrow pointed small slot to the blue direction to unlatch it, then slide out the CR2025 battery drawer out in green arrow direction.

Wish it helps, Redo the SEL selection if needed.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Thanks to both for the suggestions.

Had to use a screwdriver and quite a bit of strength but the battery has been replace and the remote is now working as intended.

Thanks for the help.

I've found that what seems like a low battery can be remedied by simply squeezing the remote hard at the bottom where the RME logo is.

If so open the case and bend the battery contacts back up. It's easy to do, the housing shell halfs are not glued.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

While I pull out the battery to make the photo, I also inspected the contact, the spring contact is not losing pressure at all, however, can see a bit oxide on its surface, I clean it with a interdental brush.

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

Hi, I just wanted to thank the people on this forum.  I have an ADI-2 DAC which works perfectly, including the remote.   I then bought an additional ADI-2 FS PRO BE and, on unboxing, the remote did not work at all. 

I managed to split the remote in two, adjusted the spring contact, reassembled and set it to operate the FS PRO (rather than the default ADI-2DAC) and now everything is fine. 

All the tips concerning removing the battery, squeezing the compartment, and adjusting the spring contact were required to fix my problem, and without this advice the remote would have had to go back to the shop for repair / replacement.

MC wrote:

If so open the case and bend the battery contacts back up. It's easy to do, the housing shell halfs are not glued.

Well, the stability of the remote seams to be quite a problem to me. In one month, the remote has already fallen on the floor (from 50 cm height) twice and has completely broken apart each time (linoleum floor).

Before these cases, I was also unable to open the battery compartment in the normal way.

Hi I'm having trouble resetting to Pro instead of DAC.  Any tips?

Try a new battery.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

I tried this and the remote worked briefly, then stopped working. I tried bending the contacts a second time, but they snapped off.
What can I do now?

Contact your local distributor.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you. I have sent a message to Synthax Audio UK.

Grea tips and photo.  Keep more coming, for my sake.  They are all encouraging.  With the tips here, I am able to open it, but it is not easy at all.  I use a small slotted screwdriver with a head about the same size as the small latch (red arrow above) and apply great pressure in the blue direction.  Then with my finger nail, forcefully push on the rim catch.  Sometimes even then, I have to take a break, get my strength back...and keep trying.  Nevertheless...Love my ADI 2 FS!