Topic: Tmfx autostart

Is there a way to disable the autostart on w11 and use totalmix just like an application via the start menu?
I use my UFX as a standalone preamp for my HiFi, and when I turn on the PC, the totalmix app takes control of the unit, choking the signal for a second  and excluding some controls via the front panel... it could be better for me to open totalmix when I need to use the computer for DAW related tasks...
Thank You
3frs

Re: Tmfx autostart

1. Task manager, TAB autostart
You'll find autostart of driver and TM FX there

With some trickeries you might be able to automate activation/deactivation via powershell / registry values.
Not sure where you need to modify only registry or also start/stop services.

BTW, would be a nice add-on by RME to provide such scripts, if possible.
For the devs potentially less fiddeling around as the know what to do where.

2. Add TM FX to start menue or link it to desktop as you prefer.
C:\Windows\System32\TotalMixFX.exe

No guarantee, might work (never tried it), good luck for implementation and please report back, thanks.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank You! Now is OK
I think that the real (not too much) problem is that there's no complete handshaking communication between the Totalmix and the unit's hardware controls: if I choose one of the six setups available through the phisical control panel with the totalmix active, only some parameters (the routing...I guess...) are set accordingly to the saved setup (e.g., the submix faders don't move).
Anyway, adding the TMFX in the application list is  exactly what I need.
Thank You again!
3frs

We explained that before. Internal setups (aka stand-alone mode) do not have the second row - software playback. And therefore the routing table is incomplete compared to the one from TM FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME