Topic: RME Fireface 800 Failed with error D0000000

Hello

I am writing because I've got an issue with my RME fireface 800. I've been using this audio interface for the last 10 years and It is built like a tank, I've never had an issue with it until now.

Yesterday, I was doing a fresh installation on a new hard drive I got for my computer (Apple Macbook pro 13 inches late 2013). I installed MAC OS Mojave (latest version), installed the latest drivers for the RME, and finally I tested it with Pro Tools and Ableton live with excellent results. The system ran perfectly.

However, trying to have everything on the latest drivers, thinking that since the fireface 800 is quite old and this issue might affect its performance with latest OS developed,  I went to update the firmware and dowloaded the Fireface Flash Update Tool.
On Mojave, I ran the tool and before I clicked the update button it appeared the following:
Revision 1.88
I then clicked on the update button, started erasing... then Programming... and then I get this message after the 100% of the programming step is done:
I tried over and over again and it won't update.  Restarted the fireface and computer and now it says I need to up date to latest driver 2.77

What would be your suggestions in order to have it back on the track.
Thank you!!

Re: RME Fireface 800 Failed with error D0000000

Please try to update with another computer, Mac or PC, or an older version of Mac OS.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by mjasonrichard 2023-01-15 10:03:38)

Re: RME Fireface 800 Failed with error D0000000

I managed to update the firmware 2.77 of my fireface 800 using mac OS high sierra.