1 (edited by explodingPSYCH 2022-04-01 03:26:53)

Topic: Mismatch Detected and Device Order

Hardware Set Up:
UFX+ Main unit, all audio routes to it via MADI and ADAT (connected via USB 3.0)
UFX Secondary Unit (Connected to UFX+ via ADAT, connected via USB 2.0 for control purposes)
M32 PRO AD (connected to UFX+ via MADI , connected to computer via USB 2.0 for control purposes)
M32 DA (connected to UFX+ via MADI)

I've noticed strange behaviors with TotalMix when turning on my hardware in the morning. (I leave my computer on, but turn off all of my studio hardware)

I'm having issues with the "mismatch detected" error message. I'm attempting to solve it with a power strip that has multiple delay "channels" so each unit can power up in a specific order. However, this doesn't seem to be much help.

I currently have it set up to power on in this order:
UFX+
UFX
M32AD Pro and M32DA
X-Touch control surface

The issue seems to be caused when I have power off my hardware and leave TotalMix open overnight (Current tests show no mismatch when I close TotalMix before starting up hardware). When I comeback and turn on the hardware I get the "mismatch detected" error. (This sometimes also causes me to lose some of the previous mix state) I also get the mismatch error when there is no detectable mismatch! (mix appears to be exactly the same as where I left it!)

I also have the slightly annoying issue of my UFX trying to be the first device in TotalMix when starting up. I can manually reset this to the correct order by closing TotalMix, powering down the UFX, then opening TotalMix and powering up the UFX (while leaving the UFX+ master unit powered on).

Is there someway to ensure that the units and TotalMix maintain their state between power on/off my devices?

2 (edited by ramses 2022-04-01 10:35:41)

Re: Mismatch Detected and Device Order

> Is there someway to ensure that the units and TotalMix maintain their state between power on/off my devices?

Try this setting in TM FX preferences (F2) under Device Handling:
  [x] Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings

According to manual ch 25.7: "Used to suppress the mismatch message after using the unit stand-alone. Settings in the unit are lost."

That's how it works for me too.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by explodingPSYCH 2022-04-02 17:39:53)

ramses wrote:

> Is there someway to ensure that the units and TotalMix maintain their state between power on/off my devices?

According to manual ch 25.7: "Used to suppress the mismatch message after using the unit stand-alone. Settings in the unit are lost."

It seems like selecting "yes" in the "Mismatch Detected" message is equivalent to "initializing DSP devices with TotalmMix FX Settings" Is this setting just equivalent of having the system automatically select "yes" in the mismatch message?

If so, I still wonder why the mismatch is occurring. What is changing on the hardware? Is there a way to avoid the hardware from changing in the first place?

EDIT: A thought just occurred to me... Could the mismatch be caused by powering down everything at the same time? Maybe the MIDI control surface is powering down first, and some slight change in that sends a CC to the RMEs right as they are shutting off? A really small fader value change for example. I'll try testing having the control surface stay powered on.

ramses wrote:

Still curious about what exactly is occurring when using "init DSP devices". How is it different than just selecting "Yes" or "No" on the mismatch screen? What state is it initializing to?

That's clearly described in the quote within your post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME