Topic: Multiface (v1) 'HOST Error' LED flashing when connected via ADAT

Dear Forum,

I've managed to successfully plug my Multiface PCI card into an old PC, power it via an external power supply, set the IO box setting inside of the Multiface settings to 'Disconnect', and the 'Clock Source' to ADAT sync. The Multiface is connected by ADAT to my Babyface unit. The Babyface settings has the 'Clock Source' set to internal, and the Optical Out is set to ADAT.

When I power down the old PC, the multiface stays powered on, and appears to be connected as expected to the Babyface, as the Multiface ADAT LED and the Babyface sync LED are both solid. Audio appears to be flowing from the new PC through the Babyface and through the Multiface, which is good, but the Multiface has a constant flashing  'HOST Error' LED.

Any advice as to why this might be happening would be gratefully received.

Re: Multiface (v1) 'HOST Error' LED flashing when connected via ADAT

As the Host is down, why you think it should NOT flash?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Multiface (v1) 'HOST Error' LED flashing when connected via ADAT

MC wrote:

As the Host is down, why you think it should NOT flash?

Is this how how the interface is designed to behave then, as in will the host error LED flash when two units are being used in this manner?

I was wondering if the Babyface, in this context, even though it is extending it's in out via ADAT to the Multiface, may have needed to be in a 'slave' mode, as suggested in this post that quotes some responses from RME support https://gearspace.com/board/so-much-gea … 0-i-o.html - with a Fireface being mentioned in this context instead of a Babyface...