Topic: ADI-2 DAC Pre-set Volume at Startup

Hi, from a user friendliness perspective is there a chance to have in one of the forthcoming firmware releases the feature of a pre-set volume setting at startup imlemented. With this setting on/off one should have the chance to use a individually fixed volume at startup, otherwise off would react as just it is. This feature would be great to avoid the level setting every time the DAC is started up in case needed.

2 (edited by KaiS 2022-04-13 08:03:53)

Re: ADI-2 DAC Pre-set Volume at Startup

Lock Volume already exists:
I/O / (Output) / Settings / Lock Volume.

When Lock Volume is “OFF”, ADI-2 remembers the last used Volume setting.

I only see minor advantages in having something in between.

If you need a certain configuration e.g. at start, you could store a “Setup” and recall it with the remote or one of the front panel buttons.
This way you always can come back to a defined reference level, e.g. for studio work.

3 (edited by fieldstu 2022-04-25 17:20:25)

I like KL's idea that there is a Setup that can be set to load when the unit is powered up vs the last used settings. e.g. Load setup at boot: None; Setup1; Setup2. Or so.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

4 (edited by ramses 2022-04-25 17:30:42)

I would like this as well.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I think it would be a great feature for security reasons. I use a Burson Soloist 3XP for headphones as a solid state and some headphones are hard to drive and others very easy to drive and could be damaged.