Topic: How do I use UFX pre then route it out to hardware compressor n back?

Hello, I find UFX pre to be really clean and I am planning to do clean recording with my condenser JZ v12.
I do have hardware pre but this time I wanna compare it smile

How do I (inside Total Mix), use mic pre of UFX then
route it 'out' to my hardware compressor (Lindell 7x500) 'then'
re-route it back into my UFX analog in?

Do I do this inside my DAW (cubase)?
Or I can do it inside TotalMix?

Routing is slightly difficult job for me, and if anyone could chime in and help me out it would be appreciated!

And also it would be nice to have almost zero latency monitoring while I am doing this smile

Thanks in advance.

Re: How do I use UFX pre then route it out to hardware compressor n back?

Cubase supports configuration of external devices so that you can use them as a VST in your channel.
It also calculates the latency for the signal path during creation to be able to perform proper latency calculation.
If the DAW supports this, then there is no need to perform routing in TM FX.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: How do I use UFX pre then route it out to hardware compressor n back?

ramses wrote:

Cubase supports configuration of external devices so that you can use them as a VST in your channel.
It also calculates the latency for the signal path during creation to be able to perform proper latency calculation.
If the DAW supports this, then there is no need to perform routing in TM FX.

Ok Ramses! Thanks!

But before that, I think I 'might' try, using 'Loopback' function so my mic preamped sound (Mic 9) can route out through
Analog 3 <-- then patch that through my Lindell 77x500 compressor, then patch it back into my Analog input 1.

So, eventually I may feel almost 0 latency while I am recording smile

But I am sure Cubase can do this, yes. Thank you, I was searching on the internet and found several ways!

I will try them out and find the best one suitable for me.

I just feel, that UFX preamp is very very under-rated and at the moment I want 'clean' signal for this particular project, and UFX pre sounds very clean and clear to me smile (Though I mostly use my grace design 101 mk1)