Topic: FIREFACE UFX+ Installation under OSX 12.01 - is it possible?

Hello,

is there a way to make the fireface UFX+ run on OSX 12.01 Monterey operating system
(Ableton 11/ Logic 10/ MacbookPro 2022)?

If there is anybody here in the forum with a similar setup, who succeed to make this run, please let me know.
(hitfactoryromania@gmail.com)
If there is any video tutorial or a step by step guide existing on this subject please share this information with everyone here.
Your help is highly appreciated.

Here is what I tried so far:
1. I installed the latest available driver 3.27 on the RME website (The link for the Beta driver 4.0 her in the forum is down luckily)
2. I downloaded the flash tool, Unfortunately Idid not succed to make the firmware update. Doubleklicking on it, it gives me the following error: "There was an error installing this update" (probably the tool is not compatible with the operating system).
3. When I than connect the fireface via USB to the Macbook pro (2022) simply nothing happens, it is not even showing up on the Audio&Midi setup neither the total mix window is available.

What can I do?

Thanks
Michael

Re: FIREFACE UFX+ Installation under OSX 12.01 - is it possible?

Read. You wrote a post  below a post from me that contains a link to the newer beta 4.01, completely ignoring it.

It also makes me assume you did not read any of the accompanied instructions for installation.

The firmware update is neither necessary nor will it run when the unit isn't recognized - which requires a working driver installation first.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I only read the last part of the thread under which I posted. I tried the link to the Bta 4 version which appeared to be broken. Thats why I honestly did not pay too much attention to the rest.
Could you please send me the link to the thread and the relvant posts. I unfortunately can not relocate it myself.
Is there maybe a quick video instruction or reader that explains the necessary steps.
I have rme interfaces since many years and they always worked fine for me. So I am sure we will make this one work too ;-)

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35155

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME