Topic: Ground Loop Issue and Possible Solution?

Hello All, I am a brand new BBFPFS user (also not a "techie" or electrical engineer!).  Some quick basic info:

The BBF is connected to a new audio PC, and to 2 Roland active monitors by XLR cables.  After setup I noticed a "scratchy/staticky" background noise coming from the speakers (but not the headphones connected to the 1/4" output).  The noise got worse, or new noise was added, when the cpu was working and when moving the wireless mouse around to scroll pages.

I found an old post (by bjj22 in 2013) that contained an excellent discussion of a similar, if not identical problem.  After trying a few things with my setup (ensuring all components were plugged into the same outlet, etc.), I believe I have a ground loop situation described by Gregor in that 2013 thread:  "Speaker GND taken directly from AC socket with the same GND coming to speaker through computer's PSU->Motherboard->USBport->BF XLR out ->speaker balanced in) mixed with computer interference."

To see if eliminating the ground at one or both of the speakers, or at the PC helped, I got a cheap 3-prong to 2-prong plug adapter.  Using it at one or the other speaker eliminated the noise from each of those speakers only.  Using it on the PC eliminated the noise from both speakers.  So I THINK my solution is to safely remove ground from the PC power unit.  If this is correct, then I could use some help with possible solutions...

I've seen a couple devices (ifi iDefender 3.0 - a ground loop breaker - and USB2ISO - a "galvanic isolator adapter") that might address the problem.  However, they work in the usb signal chain between the PC and the BBFP, and I'm uncertain about messing with that connection.

From my test with the cheap 2-3 prong adapter, I know that removing the ground from PC power works.  For that purpose I've also seen a couple products:  Morley Hum Exterminator and Ebtech Hum X (each with exact same specs - 120 v, 60 hz, 6 amps max), and the ifi GND Defender (quoting 10 amp spec).

Does anyone have any experience with these products?  Are there others I'm not aware of that you think would be better at addressing the problem?

This is a great forum for a newbie like me!  Any advice is greatly appreciated!
derekw