Topic: word clock connections

i am the new owner of
4 x RME HDSP-9652
1 x RME HDSP-MADI
1 x RME ADI-648
1 x RME ADI-4

ok how do i plug this in
fryingpan

no seriously ... if someone could explain the wordclock feature a bit to me that would be great.. ive had a read of the steadyclock jargon here and its a bit too technical too keep me interested for a long period.. i understood 2- 4 nanoseconds then tuned to a new station.  do i just synch each device by putting wordclock cables in a chain?in out in out in out?.. where does the master clock reside? in the 648?  can other devices and soundcards with 75 ohm wordclock ins and outs synch to this clock?

sincerely
r00n.

Re: word clock connections

I saw a nice visual explanation of proper word clock etiquette here. Your master can be any device,but if the MADI card is the main interface, it may make sense to use that as the master. You have no analog converters in your setup?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

yes thats a nice diagram - even in if it is in turkish i still get it..

the RME adi 4 is in fact an RME adi 2 (my mistake sorry)_ and i was hoping that this did the DA conversion... this is where i was going to plug in the audio monitors so i only assumed.. this is the place where the converters are..?
ill get it sorted out soon smile

[img align=c]http://roon-salzman.com/Upload/Images/plugmein.jpg[/img]

The word clock connections are obsolete. It will work the same way by syncing to the ADAT/MADI signal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by roon 2008-08-07 09:15:44)

ok very good then

danke

do you think a clock connxn from the madi card to the adi2 converter is necessary?

No.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks jeff
and thanks MC Hammerfall!

I upgraded to RME gear about 6 months..  I make this post as a happy customer. Other composers who are considering the purchase of any other soundcard, i trust you may see the error of your intent.

I have been the owner of numerous models and makes of other soundcards over the last decade, and now with RME gear, it is the first time i see? and hear audio working... exactly as it should.  I can hear a clarity that i have never heard before.  For the first time in digital domain, i love what i hear.

I can set the lowest buffer setting and there are no pops and crackles.  Who ever programmed these asio drivers is without doubt, brilliant!!!

THe Digicheck application is simply excellent and is what allows me to accurately see? the audio. I can easily see what is going on in all frequencies.  The Totalmix application, although it can be a bit daunting at first with so many channels (for a MADI card) is similarly, the most powerful mixing and routing program.

I feel that i have the perfect system for my needs and have recommended many other local audio people to purchase only RME products. 

Although i still have no idea what the acronym stands for, RME has been the catalyst for me to obtain a great sound.  With this great RME sound, my music is now heard around the world on discovery channel. 

My musical goals and dreams have begun to be realised, and RME is an integral part of it.

Roon.

nice to read this, as forums are too much showing up ...only problems (sometimes really minor ones :censored )
mirroring your interest, I am an RME audiophile supporter as well, spending hours on listening and remastering audio for my speakers array through some of the brand famous products :-)

Best regards

pierre

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II