1 (edited by Intini 2022-05-04 13:12:07)

Topic: The driver_madiface_win_09747.zip not installing

Hi,
This is my first post. I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. I tried searching for this topic to no avail.
Before I connect my interface, I am trying to install the driver.
I am trying to install the driver "driver_madiface_win_09747.zip" but after extracting it and running "rmeinstaller.exe" as an Administrator I can see it quickly flashes a small window with the title "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x86 Minimum Runtime 14.0.24212" and then nothing happens. Upon inspecting on Task Manager, I can see "RME installer (32-bit) is running with CPU usage between 1.3%-3.5%, using 3.7MB of Memory, but nothing shows up. It stays like that for 1h then I reboot as nothing happens.
I disabled my antivirus and my firewall as well as all other start-up software except for "Google Chrome", "Windows Security Notification icon" and "Windows host processes (Rundll32)". The rest is disabled.

My system details are: Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, Version 21H2, OS build 19044.1645, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz, 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable), 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor. Video card is a NVIDIA RTX2080Ti. 2 SSDs NVMe de 1TB, 6 SSDs SATA de 2TB

The interface I have is the RME Fireface UFX+ that I just bought.

Does anyone have any idea as to why the driver won't install on my system? It just freezes.

EDIT: I installed the driver on a friend's laptop, a Lenovo i7 9th Gen. It worked just fine and I tested the interface. But I need to install the driver on my studio machine ASAP.

EDIT 2: I found the fix! :-) After many hours trying to install it and trying to isolate the cause of the problem I ended up creating another user, making the user an administrator, and then restarting Windows and logging with the newly created user and then installing the driver in that new admin user account. But I had to wait quite a few minutes for the installer to show the installation dialog. But it did show eventually, and it did install successfully. I then logged off and restarted once more and logged in with my regular admin user and then I powered on the interface and then, once again, I had to restart and then finally TotalMix showed up. There you go. If anyone find this problem this may be a workaround. But maybe the driver could be verified for a bug?

Re: The driver_madiface_win_09747.zip not installing

Hi Intini,

I want to thank you sincerely for your post. I was having the exact same issue with the Madiface driver. Tired different versions, and on all other devices it worked fine except for my studio PC.
Never would I have thought this far to try out the fix that worked out for you. And indeed, I had a successful driver install by means of creating a temporary, secondary admin account.

I'm sending out a huge thanks to wherever you may be.
You rock!