Topic: Any chance TotalMix can be updated to control AVB Tool and 12mic

Hi,

I use the Digiface AVB with a 12mic and the AVB tool.
Everything works great, but I was wondering if Totalmix could be updated to control gain, phantom and autoset on the 12mic and AVB tool?

It would be great to setup routing in the WEB interface and then, use Totalmix to control gain, phantom and autoset.

Thanks for the great products and support!

2 (edited by ramses 2022-05-10 07:47:06)

Re: Any chance TotalMix can be updated to control AVB Tool and 12mic

You talk about the Auxdevice feature for remote controlling the Mic preamp through TotalMix FX like for the Octamic XTC using MIDI over MADI.

This has been promised, but unfortunately been delayed since a long time, surely due to all the negative side effects of corona.

It would be nice if RME could give it more attention after around two years.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Control through TotalMix would definitely be a reason for me to buy one. For now, as I have enough extra preamps that I can connect via adat, without this feature buying one doesn’t make sense.

4 (edited by ramses 2022-09-12 06:22:10)

FYI … It can be controlled by “MIDI Remote AVB”.
Using this tool you can remotely control 12Mic, AVB Tool and Octamic XTC in one application using “MIDI over MADI”.
So for 12Mic and AVB Tool, no need for a LAN connection.

Besides this, also for me, Auxdevice support is still the preferred solution to have everything under the control of TM FX like it was for the Octamic XTC. It is much easier for me to be able to operate the devices through one application.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

big_smile i would also love that feature