Topic: How to Mute Mic. but still route it to OBS or DAW?

I did watch the tutorial on how to enable mic. for OBS. But how do I mute my mic. from my speakers?? I only want to use mic for my DAW and OBS, but I can't find a way to mute for my Speakers.

Re: How to Mute Mic. but still route it to OBS or DAW?

Just pull the mic fader down (top row) while your speakers output is selected in the bottom row (in totalmix)

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

Just pull the mic fader down (top row) while your speakers output is selected in the bottom row (in totalmix)

You can also just mute it on the top row.  the levels or mute only affect what you hear, the signal is always sent unmodified to ASIO hosts like a DAW.

4 (edited by ramses 2022-05-10 22:22:54)

gl wrote:
vinark wrote:

You can also just mute it on the top row.[...]

Yes, but then audio from Mic input is muted for every submix/HW Output. Depends on what you want/need.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
gl wrote:
vinark wrote:

You can also just mute it on the top row.[...]

Yes, but then audio from Mic input is muted for every submix/HW Output. Depends on what you want/need.

thanks. When I mute it from there, it also cut the output to my DAW and OBS, but then I just reset settings, and didn't copy paste the Output to 3/4 channel as they do in tutorial, I fixed it like that. Then I watched this video, this I found useful. I can get Sound from DAW and Instrument, and will be trying mic. tomorrow... It's so frustrating for me, as I been trying to figure out these things for 2 days for hours. I wish there was easier ways. I even forgot whatever I did. I don't blame Total Mix for being very Advanced, or anything, but a little overwhelming not being straightforward.

I understand it seems complex. It did to me in the beginning as well but I just forced myself to use it when there was no session or pressure from musicians and just started routing experiments. When you do it enough, it becomes crystal clear how powerful (and simple, actually!) that TotalMIX is designed. Watching video explanations of it really helped too, and not just the RME tutorials. There are a lot of other people out there showing how to get the most out of TM.

Best,

-Steve