1 (edited by superbaka 2022-05-11 09:01:01)

Topic: Output Fader causes clicking

Not sure if this falls under TotalMix or UFX...

The problem is most noticeable in bass frequencies - passing a 100hz or lower tone (even to inaudible <10hz), then pull down the Main Out fader (Currently set to Outputs 1+2 XLR)... toward the bottom of the range, audible clicking is heard at each "step". So when you pull down the fader, you get "pop-pop-pop-pop..". Particularly around -20 to -40.

However - leaving the Main Out fader high, and pulling down the Software Output channel fader, or even routing it out of the unit and back to another hardware input fader.. pulling down those faders, the 100hz wave transitions to silence perfectly!

This seems a Total Mix problem, because the Software Output fader and Main Out faders produce different results, but both send audio through the same OutPut 1+2 signal path on the UFX board. So it can't (?) be a problem with the components on the board.

I tried power cycle, but it persists.

I could make a video documenting this if needed...I first noticed it playing a very bass heavy track - if there is not sub bass, the effect disappears.

Thoughts?

Re: Output Fader causes clicking

This is called zipper noise and normal. The unit includes schemes to minimize zipper noise, but in some fader combinations it won't work as the resources for that are limited.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Output Fader causes clicking

MC wrote:

This is called zipper noise and normal. The unit includes schemes to minimize zipper noise, but in some fader combinations it won't work as the resources for that are limited.

Wow thanks for the info! I hope in the future it can be minimized. As the resolution of the rest of my system has increased with upgrades, the noise has become more audible. thanks