Topic: UCX II volume knob set to phones only?

hi all,

just picked up a UCX II. very impressed so far.

ive come from focusrite, and on my old interface you could disable the physical volume control on the unit -- i had the volume set to 100% and controlled the volume via a mackie big knob passive.

is it possible to disable the volume knob on the front of the UCX II from controlling the main volume? and set it to phones only.

i keep turning down the master volume.. and then having to set it back to zero and press the button.. its getting frustrating.

many thanks! pops.

2 (edited by ramses 2022-05-13 07:44:34)

Re: UCX II volume knob set to phones only?

> i keep turning down the master volume.. and then having to set it back to zero and press the button.. its getting frustrating.

The volume is saved in TotalMix FX snapshots and it is possible to restore the main volume together with a snapshot in the preferences (the default).

You don't need to do anything else than restoring the snapshot again with the desired "default volume"
- either by mouse click in TM FX or
- you get an ARC USB and can access the 8 snapshots directly by pushing the knobs

If you place the ARC USB close to your mouse then you can get a very nice workflow without having to open the TM FX window.

Alternatives could be for Windows / Apple these projects, see stickies in forum.
- https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33584
- https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=34204

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

thx for the reply.

so theres no way to change the function of the knob then?

thanks, pops wink

The knob controls "Main Out" of TM FX control room.
An alternative could be to not assign Main Out, at least my UFX+ shows then "Main Out, not assigned".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

On my UCX II I have Analog 1/2 set as Main and Phones set as Speaker B; I can use the front panel encoder to toggle between Analog 1/2 (where I never change level) or Phones (knob works for volume control).

UCX II, MacBook Pro 14" Max on whatever OS is latest

Correct. Push the Main encoder to change the volume setting to Phones - problem solved.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by popsicle 2022-05-15 01:56:25)

MC wrote:

Correct. Push the Main encoder to change the volume setting to Phones - problem solved.

thanks for your replies.

yes, problem solved... until you restart the device, then the problem is there again and you have to remember to push it again.

would be cool if the encoder could be configured in totalmix. seems like something you could sell as a feature smile

cheers, pops