Topic: Fireface 800 headphone jack phase issues

Hello everyone smile

I'm a happy owner of a Fireface 800, running Win10 with the FF connected through a digikey 1394 card and everything has been fine until today when after a crash on Zoom my headphone output can't handle mono signals any more. 
The fix to this now is to flip the phase on one side of the headphone mix in Totalmix. All other outputs work fine, whether routed to headphones or not. 
I've tried all sorts of resets and restarts, but nothing seems to make a difference. (All surround effects etc in Windows are also deactivated) 
I couldn't find anything on this on the web or on the forum, has anyone come across this and knows how to fix it? I mean, it works now, but it's weird. Could the headphone jack just have given out? The unit has served me well for 15+ years.

Cheers
Thimras

Re: Fireface 800 headphone jack phase issues

Hello,
Have you been able to figure out this issue? I was trying to find a solution but the only thing that worked was by enabling the phase button like you did. It's not really solving the issue because the signal is noticeably lower but at least it's no longer sounding weird and phasey.
I've had my FF 400 for over a decade and never had this issue. Could it be the latest driver? I have an M2 Max Macbook Pro so not sure if that has anything to do with it as I only got it recently.
I was also trying to download another driver but the RME website doesn't even load anymore.
It was working for a few months on my new laptop as well but for some reason now it's having this issue.

Please let me know if you've figured it out.

Cheers
Rob

Re: Fireface 800 headphone jack phase issues

rrrobbb wrote:

… It's not really solving the issue because the signal is noticeably lower but at least it's no longer sounding weird and phasey.
I've had my FF 400 for over a decade and never had this issue. Could it be the latest driver?

To me that sounds more like a hardware issue. Maybe even not proper plugged headphones…? Simply some dust or corrosion on the headphone socket?
I can imagine bugs in firmware doing such weird things but for sure not bugs in drivers.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2