Topic: UFX II latency compensation

Hi,

I have a UFX II that I'm very happy with.

Latency compensation is very good with an error of only 9 samples (regardles of buffer size). Does anyone know if it's possible to have even more exact latency correction (like 0 samples)? I'm NOT complaining, just wondering smile

I'm using Reaper 6.xx. I have the latest driver, firmware etc for the UFX II. Using internal converters.

Re: UFX II latency compensation

Analog or digital port. Latency compensation is only possible for the directly attached analog ports where the converter latency is known. What firmware / driver version do you use, do you have the latest one ?

I remember a forum thread where something in that area has been fixed, but I do not remember which device this was.

Another idea, cross-check with a demo oversion of cubase, there the latency compensation is said to work correctly (as kind of a reference).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I'm using the onboard analog I/O of the UFX II. Tried reinstalling drivers and updating firmware, no difference.

USB 111, DSP 14, CC107 (ESS) <- Could it be because of this ESS chip? Are the drivers updated with new latency figures for this chip?

Windows 10.

I've tried three different DAWs now and the recorded audio comes in 9 samples early on all; Cubase 12, Pro Tools 12, Reaper 6.

Cubase external FX delay check measures 0.00 ms though which is a bit wierd because when I record to another track it comes back 9 samples early. Reaper delay check measures -9 samples.

See other thread, will be adjusted by RME in the driver.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Got it! Thank you very much!