Topic: RME Babyface Pro FS - more pops and clicks than old interface

I've just received a new Babyface Pro FS but am getting far worse performance than the SPL Crimson interface I was previously using, which is a surprise as I bought the RME for its supposed reliability and latency performance.

Running a project in Ableton with the same amount of plugins and the same buffer size I'm getting pops and clicks all over the place, increasing the buffer helps a bit but still having issues at 512 with only a moderately plugin-heavy project. I'm using the following system:

AMD Ryzen 3900X
Asus x470 Rog Strix Gaming F motherboard
64GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro v 10.01.19044 Build 19044
AMD RX5700 GPU
Multiple SSD drives

I've run Latency Monitor for 5mins and no problems are reported, I've also used various USB ports to see if that helps, and tried moving from Ryzen Balanced power plan to Ryzen High Performance. None of this helped. I've read up a bit on potential incompatibility between Ryzen and RME but haven't found a likely answer, any advice would be appreciated.

Re: RME Babyface Pro FS - more pops and clicks than old interface

An update - updating some acustica plugins and moving the RME to a USB port where it isn't sharing with another device seems to have helped things.