1 (edited by BonesLogic 2022-06-24 02:03:29)

Topic: Mix and match HDSPe expansion boards?

Perhaps this is a weird request but i am in need of more loop back channels, and would like to have a whole card dedicated to LB.

I have a raydat, and was thinking of getting another dedicated to loopback. However, i have some converters that only have AES (mytek 8x192, can not find an adat card anywhere), so i was thinking of getting the HDSPe AES card.

However, i also have converters that only have adat, so half of each card would be free for loopback, but id prefer to to have one whole card for loop back. Would i be able to use the AES expansion board with the raydat board, and the raydat expansion board with the AES card?

Regards,
-Bones

Edit: i can atleast use the aes and raydat together correct?

2 (edited by ramses 2022-06-24 07:35:17)

Re: Mix and match HDSPe expansion boards?

What about switching to recording interfaces cards which have a lot of channels by one or more MADI busses?
For example HDSPe MADI FX, MADIface XT, UFX+?
The HDSPe MADI FX has even the full implementation of FX chip and a resource optimizing driver that only allocates for driver/computer resources for channels that are in use (in group of eigth channels). It has even an analog port for phone/monitoring that also can be used as line out (unbalanced) and you can even connect an ADI-2 Pro FS to it's AES port for monitoring.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You can't mix the expansion boards, but you can use both cards together.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ramses wrote:

What about switching to recording interfaces cards which have a lot of channels by one or more MADI busses?
For example HDSPe MADI FX, MADIface XT, UFX+?
The HDSPe MADI FX has even the full implementation of FX chip and a resource optimizing driver that only allocates for driver/computer resources for channels that are in use (in group of eigth channels). It has even an analog port for phone/monitoring that also can be used as line out (unbalanced) and you can even connect an ADI-2 Pro FS to it's AES port for monitoring.

I considered this, but nothing i have has madi. I have adat and aes so i woukd still need the other two cards. Maybe later down the line i could ditch both expansion boards and get a madi card to go along with them, that way i wouldnt need 6 card slots. Thank you though, that would give a ton of LB channels.

Well, I thought maybe worth to switch to MADI on the long run.
Maybe you can sell yours and buy used equipment? Just a thought.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ya it may be worth it, but im not a pro, its overkill already haha. I will see if i can manage with the loopback i have currently, if not i can condense the raydat and aes cards and throw in a madi.

Thanks again.