Topic: UFX+ backordered since March 2022

Everywhere i look online, the fireface UFX+ is on backorder. I bought from Thomman in March, and originally, they said it would be in stock in May, then they said they don't know when they will get it. Every other shopping site shows it as backordered, or says the product ships directly from the manufacturer, with some showing prices $800 USD above what i reserved it from Thomman.

Does anyone know what is going on? Is it still an issue with the AKM Chip factory?

Every time i use this interface at my friend's studio, i get more and more anxious to get it installed into the back line of my studio.

Any info would be helpful!

Re: UFX+ backordered since March 2022

https://www.avshop.ca/recording-audio-i … -interface

ADI-2 pro fs be; UFX+; MADIfaceUSB; Startech active USB3 cable; Sonnet Allegro Pro adapter; Win11x64

Correct - that is what i am talking about. I paid $2,555.00 USD for it (includes the Arc USB) in March- so i have it reserved at that price. that is a crazy markup - $1300!

This is what i mean about the price gouging for those who still have stock leftover.

I can't afford to pay 1300 over what i have it reserved for.

4 (edited by fieldstu 2022-07-04 21:20:04)

I bought from Thomman in March

I’d say that means you have already agreed on the payment value

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

correct, thankfully, I have a locked in price!

I just got an email back this morning from RME, and they said they are still experiencing issues in the supply chain for the UFX series. they could not give an estimate on when dealers would get stock. so i guess i am waiting.

I haven't seen another interface that allows the flexibility of the cue mix like Total Mix, other than Merging/HAPI (too expensive and crappy interface). I have been using MOTU for the last 16 years, but after working with another home studio that used the UFX+,  it was such a difference in quality. MOTU cue mix sounds like an Mp3 vs the Total Mix sounds like the actual microphones. plus, My MOTU doesn't allow to add in the DAW audio, so i am stuck doing work-arounds to get pre-recorded sound to the players on different headphone outputs.