Topic: AES Out MADI FX

Maybe I am overlooking the answer on this forum, or maybe I am overlooking a simple setting in the Software, but I cannot figure this out.

I have a MADI FX PCIe feeding to and from a Ferrofish over MADI. I want to feed the AES output of the MADI FX card to the input of my ADI-2 DAC FS (I have a xlr to rca adapter cable from Lynx for that conversion), and use the ADI-2 DAC FS as my headphone amp and "monitor controller". However, neither Samplitude Pro X5, or Studio One 4 see AES as an available output. They only see the MADI outs as available (which all 16 MADI outs going to my Ferrofish are to be for analog summing).

So, how do I get my DAW(s) to see that AES is an available output, so I can assign the master out of my DAW to the AES out of the MADI FX card? Not available running ASIO or WDM. Would think it would be simple.

Thanks in advance!

2 (edited by ramses 2022-08-01 11:14:18)

Re: AES Out MADI FX

Welcome to the forum, I also had a HDSPe MADI FX here for test, nice card (https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … Pro-FS-BE/).

I understand the two DAWs do not see the AES output of the card.
Is this a Windows system? Can you cross-check with Reaper?
With Cubase you have to select the input and output ports separately, that you want to use in the project, and you can save these settings or select from typical mono/stereo settings.

Does the AES port work at all? Can you play music through ADI-2 DAC FS? If not, check whether you might need to set channel status from professional to consumer in the driver settings, see manual ch 11.1 and 23.2.
On the ADI-2 FS, you also need to set clock source to optical input.

Is this an Apple or Windows system? Which OS version, which RME driver version?
Is the latest firmware of the HDSPe MADI FX in use, which one?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13